OFNC TOURNEY/08

brickNblock

I looked in the tourney area and couldnt find a location for inquiries.

So excuse me if there was one and have it directed accordingly.

Also, having not read the rules yet I could be completely ignorant with this ....

From what I read I was told that the rules are basically the same as last years..

and I most likely missed it but.......here's the beef......

T.J....I believe it wise that you mandate this...

That all teams have their individual logos printed off and laminated to their boats in close proximity to their measuring tapes.

This way a quick hook release can be done whilst in the net/head in the water, and the fish only picked up at the last moment for a quick photo against the logo/tape.

I seen before and done it myself while fumbling for the signage and not saying the fish died...but just a little too long out of the water for my liking...nor the fishes.

T.J....I think we'll stand out more as a truly concerned group if this is made part of the rules/regs.........and will steer us out of hot water from the complainers.

Whatcha think Bud?

bNb

For the river fisherfolk........You should be in a boat.

J/K.......perhaps a laminated copy of your team, babydiaper pinned to your vests..I dunno.

Wear an OFC hat Pete... legal marking once again ! ... and I think this is a great thing vs scrambling around to get the piece of paper in the picture. I wasn't gonna bother this year after noting the time delay of release to get a shot with the ofncommunity.com piece of paper.. one without it for the fridge/phot album... etc. Paper is always tucked away somewhere.. where as clothing.. OFC decal, towel, flag, are always handy.

Edited by irishfield

Wear an OFC hat Pete... legal marking once again !

Wayne..Wayne...

Ya missed the point Bud...

Ive a OFC hat from years back...how many in the tourney have one tho?

(I wear mine whenever I fish just in case I run into someone else from here out on the water.)

Ya know I love ya man......dont get whiffed at me.........lol

Sorry bro..

first post I saw from you wasnt complete ...it just mentiones the hat....

But you are right -on.....OFC flag/decal etc.......

It works......

But habving them handy is the point alone.....

Everyone knows theres limited time for photos so everyone has to be prepered is all Im trying to get across.

OK./UNCLE.............I give ...

You are much faster a typer then me.......

I know you dont miss much of anything because you research all w/due dillegence

This is why I can appreciate your opinion....I mean this man..no joke.

I just thought it would be a good idea.........

Why dont we negate that all must get an OFC hat then.....this sounds perfectly alright with me,

and make that the only allowable proof for a pic.

Edited by brickNblock

Some great concerns Pete. and like I said delayed release was on my mind a lot last year.. especially when fishing alone and especially that 38" pike shot with me standing on the end of an airplane float and then realizing I'd better get an OFC shot for the team as well. That took some work and the pike swam away just fine since it was cool. But there were many occasions thru out the summer, when it was hot, that I didn't bother looking for the ofncommunity.com paper in the glove box. Fish went back before I bothered... to get it on it's way.

Don't think after the fact we/you can mandate everyone buying a hat/OFC wear.. just to be sure everyone is diligent at getting fish back asap.

Edited by irishfield

Sorry bud....

Didnt see what you quoted at all.

It just read ..."add 2008"

OK...I was'nt saying everyone had to purchase anything..what I thought would be a great idea for all involved was just laminating their teams logos and stick them somewhere on their boats prefferrably beside their measuring tapes for a quick photo when the time was right.

EDIT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Got it Wayne....

I will not Re-Write on any of my OFC gear either........

this is why the logo thing works...............a team logo.

(I suppose in most cases anyway).......maybe I need to rethink this as well.......

Fellas.....was only thinking of our look(public/P3TA) areas.

Just a thought.......

Edited by brickNblock

My livewell is functional and always full, if I hook a good fish I turn the pump on before he gets to the boat. Land the fish he goes straight to the livewell 'til everything is preped for the pic... maybe 2 mins. Everything ready, fish comes out, pic is taken and fish goes back in the water no worse for wear and tear. Not saying that everybody should do it that way, but it's my way and that's the way I'll be doing it!

My livewell is functional and always full, if I hook a good fish I turn the pump on before he gets to the boat. Land the fish he goes straight to the livewell 'til everything is preped for the pic... maybe 2 mins. Everything ready, fish comes out, pic is taken and fish goes back in the water no worse for wear and tear. Not saying that everybody should do it that way, but it's my way and that's the way I'll be doing it!

might not be doing worse for wear and tear but I feel bad for any fish that has a half nekkid alabananese guy caressing it and taking a photo for proof... that will be one messed up fish I tell ya what.

Let's face it folks, this is a fun tourney... no entry fee, no prizes, just bragging rights. Adding "2008" to the OFC logo only prevents cheaters from entering fish caught from previous years. If we don't even need a measurement in the photo it leaves a lot of room for cheating.

I see why you would want OFC in the photo, it promotes the site. Beyond that I think is taking things a little too seriously.

-Brian

He want's OFC in the picture so he can spam other sites... :whistling:

"Bonus inches!

Here's how to get your bonus inches...

Enter your fish in this contest AND either the Ontario Angler Awards contest or the Canadian Sport Fishing contest using the same image you use here (must include the words OFNCommunity.com) somewhere in the image and receive a bonus two inches for your fish"

might not be doing worse for wear and tear but I feel bad for any fish that has a half nekkid alabananese guy caressing it and taking a photo for proof... that will be one messed up fish I tell ya what.

The fish down here really love that kinda stuff Bill!!! Sometimes I see them trying to push eachother out of the way on the depthfinder to get to my bait! :lol:

SlowPoke Posted Today, 04:46 AM

Let's face it folks, this is a fun tourney... no entry fee, no prizes, just bragging rights. Adding "2008" to the OFC logo only prevents cheaters from entering fish caught from previous years. If we don't even need a measurement in the photo it leaves a lot of room for cheating.

I see why you would want OFC in the photo, it promotes the site. Beyond that I think is taking things a little too seriously.

-Brian

... and what's cheatin gonna get you in a for fun Tourney anyway eh Brian?

A whole buncha Bad Karma that's what!!! :wallbash:

I like to talk trash, but I will play by the rules!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Well you can ignore everything I wrote Peter... looks like the rules have been changed and it now says you have to have on the logo as well. I'm not writting on my hat/shirts/flag/towel... might have to rethink this.

If everyone gets a bootleg copy of Photoshop (and learns to use it well) the problems are all solved. :whistling:

JF

I just finished my "expert' level training in Photoshop...the one thing I did learn is that there are people who are way better at it than me, so yeah..it is possible to get one by me, but anyone doing that would be both a knob and a geek-hero to me at the same time.

It's just a fun tourney guys. Put a piece of tape with 2008 written on it...not a huge deal. I can make a 2008 OFC/OFC logo for everyone to download if ya like.

And yes, Cory...we use the bonus inches for shameless self-promotion. We do have bills to pay here. We've had steady 35-40,000 page view days lately and that is likely to push us up in bandwidth bills.

And yes, Cory...we use the bonus inches for shameless self-promotion. We do have bills to pay here. We've had steady 35-40,000 page view days lately and that is likely to push us up in bandwidth bills.

Try and justify it all you wish, it is what it is.

We could always think of getting an OFC measurement decal. I have one on the inside of my rod locker door. I hope thats ok, I bring the fish in lay it on the measuring tape and submit it.

You've gotta add 2008 to it Darren according to the new modified rules... Like has been mentioned above... we're getting toooo serious with this thing. OFC apparel was just fine the first round. You write 2008 on it this year... you gonna peel it off the boat next year?

Edited by irishfield