Td Canada Trust Phishing Warning

pikehunter

I received an e mail yesterday supposedly from TD Canada Trust asking me to click the link provided, then answer the questions to provide my info to them.

I never clicked the link as I know they do not have my email address so I figured it was a fake. I called TD Easy Line today and this was comfirmed. I was told to forward the email to them.

If you have received one of these emails it is someone phishing.

This is the email address I was given to forward it to.

[email protected]

I have had several of those over the past few months. I forwarded the email to TD as well and have yet to hear from them. I also received one from CIBC using the exact same banner style in the phishing email. Greasy crooks looking for an easy buck. Makes me sick.

I sat down at the Puter yesterday morning and got the same thing. Called the wife downstairs...she is a manager at a TD/Canada Trust. She mailed the email to her work email and then left for work. !5 minutes later she phoned me at home and said Corporate Fraud/Security had already closed down the email address. Couldn't believe how fast the problem was detected/corrected. I hope no one got suckered on it...but I can tell you it was handled ASAP.

I'm still getting them. :w00t: Just received one early this evening. I have received about 10 or more in the last week or so.

Usually I don't take the time to look at them. I just delete them. This last one I decided to look at because of this thread. At the end of the email there was a small paragraph that looked like it had been taken out of a book.

I couldn't understand why the small paragraph was there. If they wanted to make the email look official they certainly destroyed its credibility with that paragraph included. No bank would send you that nonsense.

Tom

Like Tom points out..... just use common sense..hit delete and move on. I get about 30 to 40 spam/hour...every day. Makes it really fun when I come home after a month away! Generally about 10% of those are "from" TD/ Scotia Bank/ Wells Fargo /Chase Manhatten...or any other bank in the world. These are right up there with emails from "ebay" and "paypal".. DELETE...delete..delete.

Steve..we leave ourselves open to and collect them on purpose. I get around 40/hour..my son gets about 500/hr. My son is a code writing partner in "Spam Assassin" that many ISP's used to filter mail for clients. We feed everything we get thru his machine to help "train" it, to improve it's performance.

Wayne

I received an e mail yesterday supposedly from TD Canada Trust asking me to click the link provided, then answer the questions to provide my info to them.

I never clicked the link as I know they do not have my email address so I figured it was a fake. I called TD Easy Line today and this was comfirmed. I was told to forward the email to them.

If you have received one of these emails it is someone phishing.

This is the email address I was given to forward it to.

[email protected]

I had a few recently. I just deleted them. I Just came across your post now. I know I'm kinda slow. But I'll makr this page as a reminder for next time.

dsn

Thanks