fishing tackle prices

walleyemen

headed over the ditch today to pick up my N.Y state licence, i have to say i was dissappointed, prices were par or more in fact, and the selection was crap, hit dick's sporting goods first then, gander mountain, needless to say the wife and kids spent around $250 plus and i didn't break past $90 and that's counting the $40 for the licence, beleive it or not our prices are in fact better guyz, just a heads up.

Thanks for the news WM... I meant to post a heads up the other day. Noted that when the new BPS catalogue arrived last week it has the Down Easter Salty S10 rod holders listed now at $34.95 US ... yet they are still only $23.99 CDN in the Vaughn store. If you want a set... you'd better grab them now as I bet new stock will have them up $10 a piece.

Expensive Mountain errrrrrr Gander Mountain is VERY pricey here in Tonawanda, NY. Dick's Sporting Goods has less and less fishing/hunting stuff every year. It's more of a clothing store than anything.

I don't know for sure if Rainbow Sports is still open in North Tonawanda, NY (not far from the Rainbow Bridge) but if that local owned sporting goods store is still open you guys would be like kids in a candy store. From the front it looks small and not worth going in, however the store just goes back and back and back for ever. Let me see if they are listed in our yellow pages.

FOUND IT.

Rainbow Sports, 267 Oliver Street, North Tonawanda, NY 14120 716-692-7510

GUYS try this place, its got a LOT of stuff and a LOT of old stuff you can no longer get. Plus lure making supplies etc.........

Bob

Thanks for the news WM... I meant to post a heads up the other day. Noted that when the new BPS catalogue arrived last week it has the Down Easter Salty S10 rod holders listed now at $34.95 US ... yet they are still only $23.99 CDN in the Vaughn store. If you want a set... you'd better grab them now as I bet new stock will have them up $10 a piece.

thanks for hte tip!

I want to get 3 of these but never get up that way and the website has them at the new price.

Anyone from Oshawa that is making a trip up to Bass Pro willing to pick me up 3 at the old price for me?

forrest

Expensive Mountain errrrrrr Gander Mountain is VERY pricey here in Tonawanda, NY. Dick's Sporting Goods has less and less fishing/hunting stuff every year. It's more of a clothing store than anything.

I don't know for sure if Rainbow Sports is still open in North Tonawanda, NY (not far from the Rainbow Bridge) but if that local owned sporting goods store is still open you guys would be like kids in a candy store. From the front it looks small and not worth going in, however the store just goes back and back and back for ever. Let me see if they are listed in our yellow pages.

FOUND IT.

Rainbow Sports, 267 Oliver Street, North Tonawanda, NY 14120 716-692-7510

GUYS try this place, its got a LOT of stuff and a LOT of old stuff you can no longer get. Plus lure making supplies etc.........

Bob

Great Bob. Thanks for this.

I will definitely check it out when I am down there in a few weeks.

It is true we are lowering alot of the prices at Fishing World such as Lucky Craft, Sebile lures, Canadian Wiggler, Yamamoto, Bomber Balsa baits, Megabass etc. The same lures in the USA can be more than $6 more per lure than our prices. I have also seen this in other stores from Niagra Region like Peter's Tackle to out east out to Paddletails.

Edited by Blake

Blake it's too bad we can't purchase the u.s fishing licences here, i for one spend lots in fishing world and grimsby tackle, and would prefer the one stop shopping , I'm at both at least once a week, always a lure here and there, you guys have better lure and reel selections, lessons learned LOL, only real deals i have ever found are if you go down south, they use different gear and what we use here is usually a clearance item or at discount price, but not all of us are in Arizona or texas, as much as we would like i guess, my hats are off to you guyz for being so competive.