Annuder Laker Report

tjsa

Won't mention the lake, not because its any secret, never been here before myself although its been a destination for ........................oh.............20 yrs. Its just a small lake that could not sustain pressure if fished heavily. I'll leave it at that, like it or not.

Didn't leave town early, loaded up at 7 am(2 hrs. earlier is the usual for us, :lol: )

Got in, run around the lake looking at potential spots for 15 min.. Settle on the south side.

After drilling 12 holes, one bud set a set line, and me and our other bud just jig.

Guess who gets the first fish?????????????

Mikey, on the set line.

IMG_1543.JPG

IMG_1544.JPG

Then a bit later Gord is dropping his white tube jig down a hole, and notices a blip on his Vex. Stops it, and

gives it a jig.

BAM!!!!!!, 10 ft. down in 22 ft. of water, and a nice 5 lb'r. is landed. I tried to get a good pic of it coming out

of the hole, but my camera would not focus that fast, only caught the tail, :lol:

IMG_1545.JPG

Just missed it.

IMG_1546.JPG

Twas a nice fish though, best of the day.

IMG_1549.JPG

These fish came about 15 min. apart, the first by Mike about 10 am, Gord's about 10:18, then, my first.

about 10:30. Similar in size to Mike's, just a nice size for eating.

IMG_1551.JPG

IMG_1550.JPG

We each landed another laker, but no pictures. Mike thought he had a really nice one on, but it turned out to

be a pike, out of 22 ft. of water. Not that I care much for pike, but this fish had some really nice distinct markings on it, completely different from walleye lakes. But my camera was in the sleigh as we had changed locations, and we did not want to put undo stress on the fish, so we all worked together to get it back into the lake in good shape.

I gotta say, the pike, which was probably in the slot for release, co-operated with us famously, the stinger hook was fairly deep, but not in any vital areas, and it did not thrash around at all. Hooks are out, bye bye, take care now, get bigger for someone else biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

And, the scenic pic.

IMG_1552.JPG

Done for now, hope you enjoy.

I think I have now caught up with previous fishing trips, more to come, including a report from later today, another day into night trip for walleye, watch for it Saturday.

Tom