Great day on the river!

kemper

Hey all, got everything packed up and hit my favourite trib today at 8 am. On the water by 8 30 I knew it was going to be a good day, the river was stained, but still more green than brown and the temps were looking good. Got the first fish within at 8 40, a big male that was fairly fresh and full of fight.

med_gallery_256_231_38313.jpg

med_gallery_256_231_134422.jpg

After that I missed one fish in the same pool before I was pushed out of my spot by a couple of hooligans with 6 foot rods and baseball floats. Awesome guys, thanks alot. Not to worry though, lots of water that looked good for some steel!

As I was walking to find some new steel to play with I ran into Bly, Cliff and DouG and we chatted for a while. Nice to finally meet some people from the board! It was good talking to you guys.

As DouG, Cliff and Bly were leaving for some lunch I heard that DouG had a hit but missed it in a pool right beside us, so not long after they left to get some eats I had hooked and landed another BIG male, this one larger than the first one. No measurements because I had to land it in the water with noone to help me beach it, and no pictures because i did not feel like loosing another cell phone to the drink. The first male was 29 inches, this was was at least 3 longer.

Moving on, I went further downstream (Right where you guys were parked) and managed two more steelies, both quite big one male and one female. Pictures are crappy because I took one myself by jamming my cell in the snow and hitting the time delay and the other was taken underneath a bridge by a passerby. The second fish is my PB female, and was either the longest or second longest of the day. No measurements though.

med_gallery_256_231_86548.jpg

HEY, SIT STILL.

Thats the face I make when I get a taste of tail.

Lets try again, sit....SIT.

med_gallery_256_231_135599.jpg

Thank you.

Now this fish was a challenge to land because of the ice, but after some acrobatics I managed to get it to the bank. I actually missed this fish twice before I hooked it on the third consecutive drift. Very hungry?

med_gallery_256_231_52567.jpg

Overall a very good day. I have no doubt that I could have continued catching trout all day long, as all this action occured between 830 and 1130. I will be going back before dark tonight to try my luck again. Steel were on today!

Final tally was 4 landed and 3 missed. Didnt get picture of all of them because well, anyone who has tried to fish solo and take pictures at the same time knows that it isnt always as easy as you might think.

Good day all, see you on the river!

yes i thought that was you,man thats too bad,we could have shot the bull for a bit,thats a few members that i saw this morning,man im regretting not brinning my rod,but theres still lots of time to catch lots,if you want to hook up some time for a fish down there where i saw you pm,me and let me know great fish !!!! cheers bud :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

It was great to finally meet you Kemper! Maybe another time we can all share a drift or two.........congrats on those pretty fish!! Wondering how you did in the evening if you went out........