March Break Crappies

Fishmaster

March Break Crappies

Was a beauty day to sit outside and fish …Zack Chris and I thought after playing with minnows all morning we would try our luck for some Crappies’s in the marina. Fish were on for me but Zack and Chris just couldn’t get a hook set. I landed some nice slabs! It looks like spring Slab fishing is going to be very good.

Ice was 12 to 15” thick…Now is the time to get the Kids out and enjoy fishing on March Break …Fishmaster

crappies20080311003.jpg

crappies20080311004-2.jpg

crappies20080311002.jpg

Here is a shot from a couple of days ago when I was out crappie fishing in the evening.

Another hand caught Bowfin…guess these darn things like getting their picture taken

fishingpictures440.jpg

yes , it was a great day to be out and about doing anything. nice crappies but where'd you find the dinosaur?

looks a cross between a pike and a channel cat . i have never caught one but hear they're fearless,, very aggressive .

good to get the kids out of the house for some fresh air . my daughter lost the bug a couple of years ago and i'm hoping the

affliction returns so we can spend some more time together on the water . great way to spend the day for sure.

hats off. tight lines.

Edited by waterwolf

beauty fish way to go

but now you went and done it......i got the itch

gonna head out and get some crappie on the old secret lake saturday

but first some eyes tonight

hopefully post some pics on monday

Edited by rickster

Nice fish Steve. Hows the ice in the marina area? Should be good for a bit to keep the hardwater season going for you right in your backyard.

The ice in the marina is 12 to 14 inches... will hold for a while yet.