Can u still ???

ADC

many people are much quicker and safer at taking the hook out while holding the fish, and as for taking the picture often I have the camera out and snap the picture before the person who caught the fish even knows that I am going to take one....whether it's in season or not....it's legal so do what you want as long as you don't target them

Exactly. You pretty much have to take the fish out of the water to remove the hook. You would do more damage keeping the fish hanging in the hole with the hook in its mouth.

Most fisherman have a camera handy anyways, so while you are holding the fish to remove the hook, your buddy takes a picture.

No harm in that.

As long as you weren't deliberately targeting an OOS fish.

It a legit question. There are regs in certain states that allow you to C&R out of season fish.

Hey, last time I checked we were not in any state.... :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

This is Canada, we have our own regulations here, not related in anyways to our friends to the South.

Boys boys boys,

Im a little shocked at some of the posts. I thought this was a place of cool and non-violent folk. :stretcher: However, I forgive you.... I understand that you are all grumpy and need some form of action while awaiting the summer months. :wallbash:

Let me clarify the reason for my questions as for some reason I feel the need to defend myself.

I like to fish, I want to fish, I want to fish as soon as it is warm enough to fish.

I dont have a cottage, I dont have a boat. The places I have access and know of to fish at are all places that have Bass, Pike, Perch, Rock Bass.

Ive never been ice fishing, I have no idea what kind of fish are legal to ice fish for.

So what I really wanted to know was if it was legal or not to fish catch and release bass out of season. To which I received a clear answer. "NO". I also wanted to know that if I fish for something IN season and caught a Bass. Would I be screwed. EVEN THOUGH I WAS NOT TARGETING THE BASS (just to clarify for those with vivid imaginations)

Let me try asking again

What type of fish I AM LEGALLY ALLOWED to fish for that may inhabit the same waters I currently fish as those are the only places I know of to fish.

So if lets say "Perch" are in season.... I want to fish for for them if I can.

I just want to fish and do it legally :angry:

Remember, before you label me some type of criminal, please make sure you know exactly what is going on before you let me have it. I came hear for strait answers out of respect so I could follow the rules. I am just asking questions and if you look at my original post... I already had claimed ignorance. Im just too lazy to go and read this stuff myself and figured it was something to talk about.

:asshat:

Bass Marley, if you happen to accidentally catch a bass out of season while legally pursuing another species that is in season then you just release it quickly and you're fine. If you happen upon an area where there are all kinds of spawning bass then you are best to leave because targeting bass out of season is kind of a discretionary call on the CO's part. In other words if you happen to catch one and let it go no problem but if you catch several and stay then a CO may interpret that as targeting bass out of season.

Now if you go to New York, they do have a year long C&R season for bass now!

Hope that this clear!

Cheers,

Dave

maybe it's the way you are stating it, but by the way you are stating it you want to know what fish you can legally fish for where you know and want to catch bass that are OOS..with that statement you are saying you know you will be catching bass but you can say you are fishing for perch...that is illegal and if a CO sees you catch 2 bass in a row without catching a number of perch he will charge you with poaching and almost everyone on this website will be patting the CO on the back for charging you..now maybe we are getting the wrong message from what you are typing but if you knowingly fish for bass even under the pretence of fishing for a fish that is in season you are breaking the law and as far as I am concerned not welcome here..but like I say maybe we/I am misunderstanding you comments..I hope so

What type of fish I AM LEGALLY ALLOWED to fish for that may inhabit the same waters I currently fish as those are the only places I know of to fish.

So if lets say "Perch" are in season.... I want to fish for for them if I can.

You just answered your question there: whatever species that's in season. Just make sure that your tackle and approach are appropriate for the fish you are targeting--throwing a buzzbait to catch a perch would not be looked upon kindly. Also, if you end up hooking more bass than the fish you are targeting, then you are just out of luck: move to another location.

I see guys targeting bass from May 24 weekend until bass season all the time. When I see them casting in towards my dock with a topwater they catch hell from me. They mouth back and say there is nothing illegal what they are doing. Hmmmm? Gets me some hot under the collar but I tend to leave it at that point. Not much for heated arguments.

I see guys targeting bass from May 24 weekend until bass season all the time. When I see them casting in towards my dock with a topwater they catch hell from me. They mouth back and say there is nothing illegal what they are doing. Hmmmm? Gets me some hot under the collar but I tend to leave it at that point. Not much for heated arguments.

Nothing solves that problem like a paintball gun!