Lake Scugog - February 18th 2008

gone_fishin

Hey guys, i had another respectable day out on the ice today. left ajax just before noon and i was fishing by 1:00.

i had a few hits right off the bat, not sure what they were, lost a couple right at the hole due to one of the hooks of the treble hooking the bottom edge of the hole and the fish shaking off. this actually happened 2 times in a row. they were definitely bigger than perch, but i didn't get a look at them.

i got my first fish around 2:30ish.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b75/gone...pg?t=1203392724

4Lb 6oz Largemouth

then i got a few perch within the next hour, nothin to brag about, only about 8 inches each.

then around 3:30ish i get another bass, around 2.5 - 3 Lbs and another one about a pound (no pictures).

another half hour to an hour passes without a bite then i get this up to our side of the ice...

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b75/gone...pg?t=1203392750

a beautiful little Lake Scugog muskie, somewhere around 23 - 25 inches i estimate. i figured it was just a matter of time before i pulled up one of these through the ice.

then after the muskie i got a whole lot of nothing until the sun started to go down. then the crappies moved in and it was fairly steady until i left at 6:30ish. i also got a rockbass as the sun was setting too (about 8 or 9 inches).

biggest crappie was a little shy of 14 inches. smallest was 9 inches.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b75/gone...pg?t=1203392773

i brought 9 crappies home for dinner, and they were delicious!

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b75/gone...pg?t=1203392795

Great day out and some nice fish too!! I guess the bogs not so bad after all but be careful on the ice Cheers BMM

I've had great success on scugog so far this year, i've caught something every time out so far. and the ice was somewhere around 15 inches where i was fishing, a little slick, but the water should be frozen now after the cold we had today.

:clapping: wow, you are a star!

we love crappies, and went to Scugog once for ice fishing, however, left empty hands... :wallbash:

perhaps we have been to a wrong location??

:rolleyes: can anyone please suggest us with some locations for crappies in Scugog??

Many thanks :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by wode

:clapping: wow, you are a star!

we love crappies, and went to Scugog once for ice fishing, however, left empty hands... :wallbash:

perhaps we have been to a wrong location??

:rolleyes: can anyone please suggest us with some locations for crappies in Scugog??

Many thanks :rolleyes::rolleyes:

look for a weed edge in around 6-8 feet of water. you'll be able to get most species of fish in scugog from that type of habitat.

look for a weed edge in around 6-8 feet of water. you'll be able to get most species of fish in scugog from that type of habitat.

We were there for our first time today, however we couldn’t find any spots were we can drive our car alone onto the ice, so we managed to walk, um…yes, we walked ourselves miles and miles away to try our luck. However, we failed, only got some baby perch, and left with empty hands.

Please kindly inform where could we access to the ice with our vehicle?

Many thanks :)

We were there for our first time today, however we couldn’t find any spots were we can drive our car alone onto the ice, so we managed to walk, um…yes, we walked ourselves miles and miles away to try our luck. However, we failed, only got some baby perch, and left with empty hands.

Please kindly inform where could we access to the ice with our vehicle?

Many thanks :)

the spot that i go to doesn't have any parking that i know of... i park at my friend's cottage and walk out on the ice from there. but you can park at Goreski's (Platten Blvd. i believe) which is on the West shore of the island. the guys that i've been talking to have done very well in that area this year.

hope this helps a little more.

the spot that i go to doesn't have any parking that i know of... i park at my friend's cottage and walk out on the ice from there. but you can park at Goreski's (Platten Blvd. i believe) which is on the West shore of the island. the guys that i've been talking to have done very well in that area this year.

hope this helps a little more.

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Many thanks, hope we can at least get something next time, other than weeds after weeds after weeds :)

:Gonefishing::Gonefishing::Gonefishing: