NF- Leafs Trade

SlowPoke

All this talk about Sundin, Tucker, McCabe and Kaberle and thier no-trade deals...

Shouldn't Toskala be trade bait at the deadline?

-He's been probably a top 10 goalie for the last 2 months

-He has a contract, not a rent-a-player

-He has given his team a chance to win every night since early December.

Nobody mentions him moving yet he's been the hottest Leaf in the last 2 months.

If they're going to blow this team up they might as well cut him loose and insure a last place finish and a shot at 1st overall pick.

The talking heads on one of the shows talked about that the other night. Apparently the Leafs have a young guy in the system who looks promising. I wish I could remember the conversation but it seems to me they worked up a good sounding scenario for trading him.

JF

Hey Brian,

I really think that anyone one that team that is movable (ie., doesn't have a no trade clause) will be available. Are you thinking of Pogge as a starter? Raycroft has had enough opportunities..

I could be wrong but I don't think that last place finish guarantees first overall pick....

Hey Brian,

I really think that anyone one that team that is movable (ie., doesn't have a no trade clause) will be available. Are you thinking of Pogge as a starter? Raycroft has had enough opportunities..

I could be wrong but I don't think that last place finish guarantees first overall pick....

I wouldn't trade Tlusty, Strolman, Kaberle, Steen

I wouldn't start Pogge, start/rotate Clemenson/Raycroft and keep Pogge with the Marlies for another year.

I stated trading Toskala would insure last overal and a shot at 1st overall. Deep draft this year from what those that know the game say... any pick 1-5 is solid, perhaps even a franchise player in 1-3.

Sure...Toskala is game, but why would we? I'd say they try to unload the big salaries. The Leafs have been trying to get a good starting goalie for 3 years now they finally have one that isn't breaking the bank.

I don't have any trouble keeping Toskala but I can't see making any headway at the trade deadline with anyone else. If Toronto is in rebuilding mode, they might as well tank in goal until they build a good enough team for Pogge in the '09-'10 season.

I wouldn't trade Tlusty, Strolman, Kaberle, Steen

I wouldn't start Pogge, start/rotate Clemenson/Raycroft and keep Pogge with the Marlies for another year.

I stated trading Toskala would insure last overal and a shot at 1st overall. Deep draft this year from what those that know the game say... any pick 1-5 is solid, perhaps even a franchise player in 1-3.

I don't have any trouble keeping Toskala but I can't see making any headway at the trade deadline with anyone else. If Toronto is in rebuilding mode, they might as well tank in goal until they build a good enough team for Pogge in the '09-'10 season.

Sound words Brian but do they have the cojones?

Edited by John

Ill trade Latendresse, La Pierre, Pletanic, Brisbois ( AKA Brokenwood), Both Kosteatsyns, Koivu, Hamerlik, Streit, Dandenault for Tucker. Out with the Wimps, in with some Toughness. Habs couldnt beat themselves out of a wet paperbag. Oh dont get your Panties in an uproar because they are in second place, the word is out that they hide when checked or threatened.

its hard to trade Toskala and come out on top because we just gave up a first round pick for the guy, and probably a pretty darn high one at that! Would someone else give you a first round pick for him? Maybe, but even if they did, it wouldn't be as high a pick as the one the Leafs gave up to get him.

Ill trade Latendresse, La Pierre, Pletanic, Brisbois ( AKA Brokenwood), Both Kosteatsyns, Koivu, Hamerlik, Streit, Dandenault for Tucker. Out with the Wimps, in with some Toughness. Habs couldnt beat themselves out of a wet paperbag. Oh dont get your Panties in an uproar because they are in second place, the word is out that they hide when checked or threatened.

good job on trying to turn another leafs thread into another habs bashing thread, new one :)