Pics and a video of 7 yr. old niece catching first pike

snag

Greetings,

Please see below:

Meant to post this in September. oops :whistling:

This is my niece with her first pike. I took her on a multi-dockside fishing trip to reconnect (hadn't seen her for awhile)

SHE WAS SOOOOO EXCITED! :thumbsup_anim:

It was a great day. She still brings it up every time we talk now.

She is a natural at fishing. She landed and released the pike with minimal help from me.

A crowd quickly assembled on the dock while she worked it.

Watch the video, the pike freaks and wacks my camera within mm of the water! :unsure:

VIDEO:

Total crowd pleaser. There's even more people back there. The other kids there thought she was a goddess for catching a pike!

med_gallery_82_84_145917.jpg

Here is a small bass caught after dinner

med_gallery_82_84_50151.jpg

aaaaaaand the release

med_gallery_82_84_43047.jpg

She's caught some lunker bass since the age of 3!

Here's a mini pike. No she's not smokin' it's a sucker. love the glasses! She thought they were magic water glasses!

med_gallery_82_84_19971.jpg

Filler,

Poor pic of musky skull but you can see why they hurt other critters

med_gallery_82_84_84680.jpg

buh bye

S.

Edited by SNAG

Priceless...just priceless Grant. She handled that fish like a pro! She had a good coach as well. Looks like your camera got slimed too...LOL.

Ok...fess up now....you started catching more pike AFTER fishing with her....I think we know who taught who in the art of pike fishing....

Priceless...just priceless Grant. She handled that fish like a pro! She had a good coach as well. Looks like your camera got slimed too...LOL.

Ok...fess up now....you started catching more pike AFTER fishing with her....I think we know who taught who in the art of pike fishing....

Yes, yes, I admit it; She's taught me everything I know. <_<

After looking at her pics and the video, I concur... she is a goddess! Absolute sweetie! You must be very proud!

HH

She was the first grandchild in the family. She is extremely smart and mature. Her behaviour is exemplary.

I am proud :clapping:

Thanks everyone.

Posts with kids rule because the kids tend to have an unconditional joy for fishing.

It rekindles my memories of excitement.

She's really cute. She was very cool in the video, almost nonchalant. I think the glasses suit her B) . Nice job uncle Snag! Maybe she'll follow in your footsteps. Next you can teach her to dump her bike and cell phone in the water ;) . Sorry, had to throw that in there :whistling: .

Yeah, I know I have a few more lessons in me!

Cool video Grant. Thanks.

Did you keep the musky skeleton?

Joey

No, It was to big!