has anyone been fishing out of Beaverton this winter?

Big Cliff

I'm starting to get cabin feaver and would love to get a day out on the ice, tomorrow looks like it might not be too bad, a little light rain in the forecast but not too cold. I wouldn't mind trying Scugog but the only access I know is over at Gorskies (sp) and I'm not sure about parking and I can't walk too far. That area of Scugog is the only area I would even have any idea where to fish. I do have a 4wheeler ATV and I was thinking Beaverton is only about 1/2 an hour drive from here but again, I'm not familiar with the area. Any help/ideas would be much appreciated.

Beans do you think your old buggy could make it this far? Thought about going up to Jacks so I could swing by and pick you up but I just had to rebuild the axle bearings on my trailer and would prefer to do a shorter trip untile I am comfortable that every thing is seated properly, almost lost a wheel last time I was out with it.

Anyone going tomorrow that wouldn't mind a tag along? I don't care what I'm fishing for as long as I get in some fishing!

Cliff, if you go right up to the top of the island there is parking and easy access (ask at the causeway bait and they can guide you in) ... its actually a much easier walk out from there (fewer huts) ...only a few hundred yards from you car and you can park (which can be a problem near Goreski's)

Sorry Big Guy...Gotta take the old bus down to the mechanics tomorrow...Dang !

If you get out, catch a bunch !!! :lol:

Maybe next time...Maribeth will be happy to be rid of my pails from the kitchen...

IcefishingPails.jpg

They have been there since our cancelled trip to Uncle Jack's Pond...

I hope the freezing rain they are calling for overnite bi-passes us... :rolleyes:

Thank you! Any idea what time causeway baits opens in the morning?

Sorry Cliff just saw this now ... I am pretty sure they open at 7:00 .. but I would call first ... they are very friendly and helpful ... heck I once had them leave me some minnows out back cause I want gonna be able to get there before closing time ... they were very obliging and trusting (didnt know me from adam).

Here's their contact info ... 905-885-2720 CAUSEWAY LIVE BAIT 2080 HWY 7A PORT PERRY L9L

Good luck out there ... let me know how ya made out.

Thanks for all the help guys, looks like we are going to try Scugog tomorrow for a bit. Beans, really sorry to hear you can't make it but I promise I'll get you out on lake X in the next week or so. Looks like I might even be available on Sunday this weekend, perhaps we can get the old gang together for a day.

Well, 4:30 am and I just steped out the door, darn near ended up on my butt, light coating of ice all over everything and light rain. I'm starting to think the fishing gods don't want me to get out there.

Bill, I think we should probably try for another day. Sounds like the rain is going to get heaver as the day goes on, 5 cm for this afternoon and evening, winds anywhere from 25 to 40 km/ph. Doesn't sound like FUN to me.

What do you think?

Cliff

Well, just got off the phone with Bill, it's a mix of rain and ice pellets here right now so we decided standing out on the ice for the day in this stuff isn't quite what we had in mind so we'll try again, perhaps for Sunday weather permitting. OH well next time!

LOL, seems like I might have the rain dance and the fish dance mixed up (never was a very good dancer LOL). Oh well, everything that happens, happens for a reason. there will be other days. I was just out on the deck and can see huge dark spots on the lake, probably slush, if it is here it's probably on Scugog too and while my ATV is a 450 with good clearance nothing seems to work well in slush (including me).