New Digital Camera Pics Not What I Exspected But It's Still A Report!

dsn

Well I had to get rid of my old 1mp HP digital and went on a mission to seek out a New digital and a good deal. Wow there's lots of great deals to be had. Henry's has a great deal. I ended up buying my Canon A700 for $349.00 6mp and 6x optical with 3.2 digital. After I bought it I then seen in the papers Aden had a 8mp for $359.00 I forgot the brand and the optical specs on that one. But that was a good deal also.

Today I went and tried for some pike and got skunked Was hoping to get some shots. Instead I ended up with a report on Hydro One's construction going on down at Lake O . Looks like the construction for Hydro One is under way. Not sure when this project will be finished and running. But it could be another "Hot Spot" for fishing if any warm water comes out if it.

Here's the shots from my new digital.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

pic6.jpg

pic7.jpg

pic9.jpg

pic8.jpg

I used to use this spot as a early spring testing sight for carp feeding. :lol: I would chum and leave. Come back the next day and check my food. But I haven't fished it for awhile:lol:

Anyways I'm impressed with my new digital. I'm glad I have a photography background or I'd be lost learning all the functions of these high tech toys. Everything seems so complicated all of a sudden.

:lol:

Edited by dsn

Again Nice Pics, my mistake, I didnt see the panels underneath as the Brush is hiding it. Its a Double Double.

2 Panels high and 2 panels wide. Yea fisherman. We always say, Dont Put your Fingers in something you wouldnt put your??????????????? you know what I mean. Good advice to keep your digits

Pic quality looks just great dsn, but wish it was a fishing report, lol.

Ok , Ok let me exsplain this. See in this photo the orange fencing running parallel here?

pic4.jpg

This is a cannal that runs north into a outflow and the south end is facing The Leslie Street Spit and also ends up in Lake Ontario. In the summer carp would be in here and sunfish, perch and the odd pike. Lost of bass too. So I guess this is the fishing part of the report. :D O hope they don't mess up this cannal better yet I hope they create a warm water out flow through this cannal. ;)

dsn

Years ago I saw people netting smelt there (as well as at the mouths of the Humber and the Rouge).

Yup, we used to fish for smelts around that bridge ourselves many years ago turtle.

That entire area used to be excellent for smelt back in the day, but sadly, those days seem to be gone forever :(

The new camera seems to be working well dsn, and the pictures came out very nice.

Thanks for all the nice comments about the quality of the pics I'm kinda impressed too. As for that location I caught my very first strip bass there many years ago. It was my first time fishing. Never fished before. I remember using a dry fly and a split shot and just dropped it down and sat there and waited with my cheap closed face baitcaster. Then all of a sudden my line goes tight and something was pulling hard on the line. I didn't know anything about drags back then :D Good thing the fish didn't break me off. I do recall someone came and landed the fish with a net for me. We also caught some monster perch out of there too. Lets hope they create a warm water discharge out of there. :thumbsup_anim:

dsn