Trail Riding

Dondorfish

Well Skeeter, his wife Kelly, and myself decided that instead of hitting the lake, we would grab the sleds and head for the trails ( only my 2nd time ever on the trails ).

We decided to check out Ganaraska Forest - so off we went. We unloaded the sleds where the 115 and the 35 split and headed east to Bewdley.

I can honestly say that I completely enjoyed myself and will definately be going back! Other then the odd snowmobile coming by - the peace and quiet can only be compared to being out on the ice by yourself.

Just thought some of you that have never been on the trails would like to see what your missing.

Don

More pictures to follow

Trails were in pretty good shape today - hope they stay that way

Boy - you got to give alot of thanks to the guys that put all the hours into grooming the trails - they do a great job!

BTW - the skidoo touring is Skeeters sled and mine is the Polaris

Don

Aren't you gettin' kinda OLD for that "hell raisin'" kinda stuff Don???... and you can't catch fish if you don't have a line or 2 in the water!

I rode a snowmobile for the first time a few years ago, they're a blast!!!

Glad we don't have them down here, might cut into my fishin' time!

Wow Don looks like lots fun.

You have way too many toys.I think you should sell that 4 wheeler thingy to me for a real bargain :whistling: I need one cause I am getting too old to be draggin ice huts out onto the ice.Lets see 2 boats a sled and a 4 wheeler man your wife is tolerant you better treat her very sweetly Don :whistling:

Aren't you gettin' kinda OLD for that "hell raisin'" kinda stuff Don???... and you can't catch fish if you don't have a line or 2 in the water!

I rode a snowmobile for the first time a few years ago, they're a blast!!!

Glad we don't have them down here, might cut into my fishin' time!

Well Glen - they say that your as old as you feel - riding the trails today - I felt like I was 18 again

HOWEVER - now that I am home relaxing - and the muscles are starting to tighten up - I feel considerably older then 18 NOW! - LOL

Don

Wow Don looks like lots fun.

You have way too many toys.I think you should sell that 4 wheeler thingy to me for a real bargain :whistling: I need one cause I am getting too old to be draggin ice huts out onto the ice.Lets see 2 boats a sled and a 4 wheeler man your wife is tolerant you better treat her very sweetly Don :whistling:

Mike - its because I treat her sweetly that I have the toys!

And for the record - its actually 3 boats - got a little 12 footer and a trailer with a 8 hp - just for playin'

:thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing::P

Well Glen - they say that your as old as you feel - riding the trails today - I felt like I was 18 again

HOWEVER - now that I am home relaxing - and the muscles are starting to tighten up - I feel considerably older then 18 NOW! - LOL

Don

Uh-huh!If you're anything like me, you feel like 118 when those muscles start tightening up... after the 3rd rum from the fountain of youth, you feel like you're back to 23! ;)

Good stuff! Ganaraska Ranch has Horse-back rides through there in the summer too. :canadian:

Ganaraska Ranch

169 Sandaraska Rd.

P.O.Box 325 Pontypool,

Ontario CANADA

L0A 1K0

Phone:705-277-9228

Toll free in Ontario 1-877-437-2727

FAX: 905-854-1215

Come and enjoy the 11,000 acre Ganaraska Forest on horseback. Our ranch is located about an hour northeast of Toronto, adjacent to the Ganaraska Forest, Ganaraska Ranch offers a unique experience for beginners or experienced horsemen. Sandy, winding trails over rolling hills and forest offer some of the best riding terrain in Ontario.

Member of Association of Riding Establishments of Ontario

Edited by danbo

Good to hear you enjoyed your day in the Ganaraska Don, it's a great spot 12 months of the year for alot of different activities.

A group of us spent many winters riding the trails up in the Bancroft / Haliburton areas and it's an incredible way to spend a winter weekend !!

And your right about the fellas that groom the trails , they do a great job and certainly makes it worthwhile paying for the yearly trail passes.

You should come out here when the trails are really good. I live 5 mins from where you guys unloaded....prolly drove right by ya's on my way to go fishing :)

The ganny is great because its central. You can go east to bewdley, or west to port perry. Both rides are about the same distance. I like to go the port perry route....just because I can check out the lake while I'm there. :)

Sinker

How do we talk about 'enjoying peace and quiet except when there are no other snow machines around' while riding a sled, with a straight face?

Will anyone talk about skiing or hiking through the bush, serenaded by a single sled enjoying the peace and quiet all by hisself? Not too likely.

Beauty. I can smell the two stroke oil now.

Not exactly sure what your trying to say Doug - but the peace and quite that I refer to would be similar to the peace and quite that I feel when I am out on a lake , in the boat, and someone goes by with a 2 stroke outboard - its still peace and quiet just the same.

Don

How do we talk about 'enjoying peace and quiet except when there are no other snow machines around' while riding a sled, with a straight face?

Will anyone talk about skiing or hiking through the bush, serenaded by a single sled enjoying the peace and quiet all by hisself? Not too likely.

Beauty. I can smell the two stroke oil now.

did anyone say that they were 2 stokes and not 4 stroke??

besides my oil smells like strawberrys when it is exhausted

Skeeter

Edited by skeeter

yes we had a blast on the trails.

problem is my wife enjoyed it way to much.

now she wants a better snow suit.

a new helmet.

new and warmer boots

and gloves.

next year she will want her own sled.

Dann

Exactly what happened to me.

Years ago I was just riding an old junker and my wife wanted nothing to do with it. Finally I decided to upgrade and bought myself Ski-doo's 25th anniversary model and once she saw how nice that was, I couldn't keep her off of it and the only way I could get it back was to go out and buy her a new machine too :lol:

I must admit though, it made the weekend trips alot more fun with the Mrs coming along too :thumbsup_anim:

yes rode lots of times in the ganny, usually has nice trails, though it looks to be all done in for the next week or so.

If you ever wanna hook up for a ride shoot me a pm, from where i live takes me about 1 .5 hours to get the the tims on the 35/115 or take you on a tour of the bobcaygeon/ paudash trails

yes rode lots of times in the ganny, usually has nice trails, though it looks to be all done in for the next week or so.

If you ever wanna hook up for a ride shoot me a pm, from where i live takes me about 1 .5 hours to get the the tims on the 35/115 or take you on a tour of the bobcaygeon/ paudash trails

just might take you up on that offer ecmilley - Bobcaygeon and Buckhorn are on our "trails to hit" list - bet its some beautiful countryside. I'll let you know when we are heading up that way - maybe our schedules will work out.

Thanks Again

Don