Are We Paying For The Paint Jobs ?

GbayGiant

I wonder if you could order a new boat all chrome without a paint job and save the amount they charge the consumer to slap their logos all over the boat ? :blush: wouldn't that be nice. I wonder how much extra the manufacturers charge the consumers for the paint jobs (AKA free advertisement ).

Sorry for the little rant but it seems like every year the boats are getting more and more graphics and paint details that do nothing for the performance and we have to pay for it. It's like everyones on the lake with floating advertisements that you paid for when you purchased the boat. :dunno:

And here I thought it was "political" and gonna get pulled immediately. Nothing political...just big business like all the people that buy clothing with some companies advertising, Nike/etc on it. That stuffs gotta be free or I'll never touch it. On the othere hand a hooded sweater from Lakair Lodge is a gotta have ! LOL

This makes me think John...I may need to make a phone call in the am. I told TMarine not as much as a sticker on the boat from them (same as I do with every vehicle I buy)...but never gave thought to LUND across the sides. I know mines not built/painted yet.

To think I could have spent thousands more and asked for a Verado special edition logo and seats as well, to advertise for them some more.

Saw an aluminum boat recently that wasn't painted with a very small decal near the rear.

Was well made by a company that got bought out by Stanley boats.

Talking to the owner, I found out he paid quite a bit for the 16 foot tiller, but the cost was for

quality, not paint and advertising.

You'd most likely pay more for a decent brand of boat that didn't have it's name plastered on it as it would have to be custom ordered. So, I'd say that no, you are not paying more for the factory paint jobs. I think it wold be pretty boring seeing a bunch of no name boats on the water.

Guest Trophymuskie

I actually wished they put a little more into those paint jobs. You pay 20K for an aluminum boat and you can't have it touch anything as it scratches so easily. You would think that they would put some clear coats to protect the finish like they do with cars where for 20K you get and engine, tranny and rear end with tires brakes ect ect ect.

I actually wished they put a little more into those paint jobs. You pay 20K for an aluminum boat and you can't have it touch anything as it scratches so easily. You would think that they would put some clear coats to protect the finish like they do with cars where for 20K you get and engine, tranny and rear end with tires brakes ect ect ect.

Maybe it's just Crestliner paint....did you see the crease Percher put in his Lund without marring the paint! LOL

I'm kiddin Richard..... :P

I have no problem with the MFG. name on the side of the boat it's the same thing most automobile divisions do with their vehicles. I do however have a problem with dealer stickers being placed on my purchase be it boat or vehicle.

I do however have a problem with dealer stickers being placed on my purchase be it boat or vehicle.

Absolutely Gary !!

I buy a new truck every couple years and adamantly refuse to have the dealer sticker on it and they know that before they get the cheque.....or they don't get it :angry: