Bond is Back on OFNc!

It's a bit late but Happy New Year to all of you back in the frozen north that is Canada, from 007 back in London, England.

Looks like you are having a good ice fishing season and look forward to seeing more reports throughout the Winter. Unfortunately I can't seem to view the photos in the posts from work but hopefully I will get an internet connection at home soon so I can see all that ice action and see what I'm missing out on.

Unfortunately I haven't had chance to cast a line back here in England yet but hope to soon once I've settled and found some water that I'm either allowed to fish or can afford to pay the day/season ticket (in addition to the licence) to fish! :unsure::(:wallbash: When I do I will be sure to post a detailed report for you to enjoy.

Anyhow just thought I would say hi.

Stay safe out on the ice this weekend.

Edited by OO7

It's a bit late but Happy New Year to all of you back in the frozen north that is Canada, from 007 back in London, England.

Looks like you are having a good ice fishing season and look forward to seeing more reports throughout the Winter. Unfortunately I can't seem to view the photos in the posts from work but hopefully I will get an internet connection at home soon so I can see all that ice action and see what I'm missing out on.

Unfortunately I haven't had chance to cast a line back here in England yet but hope to soon once I've settled and found some water that I'm either allowed to fish or can afford to pay the day/season ticket (in addition to the licence) to fish! :unsure::(:wallbash: When I do I will be sure to post a detailed report for you to enjoy.

Anyhow just thought I would say hi.

Stay safe out on the ice this weekend.

People who gripe about expensive fishing licences here should got to the UK and try to fish.

People who gripe about expensive fishing licences here should got to the UK and try to fish.

Or the cost of joining a carp club and paying "swim" fees...just like golf "green" fees...We got it good in this country... :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for the comments guys n gals.

Mike the Pike - I'll be back as soon as it warms up over there! LOL No plans yet to come back unfortunately. I'm really going to miss it when I start seeing the first reports from T.O like SNAG's Pike reports and dsn's carp reports in Spring!

Rich Clemens - that's a good idea but not sure where we're all based

'Musky or Specs' and Beans - You don't know how lucky you are over there. Over here you buy a licence but then for each body of water you need to check if it is free public fishing or more likely that the lake or access to a stretch of river is owned by someone and therefore you have to either pay a day ticket to fish or join a club and pay their annual fee. Some of the clubs that have access to the lakes with the biggest or best fishing are seriously expensive.

Cheers

Good to hear from you again 007! Glad to see you made it back and are getting set up. Hope to see some reports from you from across the pond. We are indeed very fortunate to have the fishery we have here in Canada. Hope you had a great holiday and I wish you a very happy and healthy new year.