Family day..

danc

Well, Dalton must be a NASCAR fan. Our new holiday is Feb. 18th. That works for me. On Feb. 17th, I'll be celebrating with friends (and/or family) and watching the 50th Daytona 500. I'm sure that I could use a day off after that. Enjoy your day off folks. You deserve it.

Well, this new "Family Day" cost me a day off in July. We get what's called Floater days around July, August and September long weekends so if the holiday lands on the Monday...we also get Friday off or vice versa.

Now that "Family Day" has been introduced they took the July Long Weekend Floater day from us to compensate.

Although ice fishing on a Monday sounds nice...the best day on the ICE doesn't beat the best day on open wanter in my boat wearing my shorts casting to a shore line.

Can you tell I'm bitter.

So I says to my Boss "Hey Boss, It's nice to hear we get a new holiday on Feb. 18th, pretty cool huh ?"

The reply...."Holiday?...what Holiday???"

I can see how this is gonna turn out.

Nothing like educating people who make twice what you do... :wallbash:

Hookset.

Fact is.. businesses have not been advised that this is an official holiday by CRA or the labour board. Without official notice there is no mandate to give the day off or pay anyone for it. Glad I'm out of that responsibility loop.

I haven't followed the legislation. Is it an offical, employers must pay holiday.. or like the August civic holiday that's employers choice? If it's a pay holiday.. nice of Dalton to look like a great guy on the backs of Ontario business.

Edited by irishfield

Fact is.. businesses have not been advised that this is an official holiday by CRA or the labour board. Without official notice there is no mandate to give the day off or pay anyone for it. Glad I'm out of that responsibility loop.

I haven't followed the legislation. Is it an offical, employers must pay holiday.. or like the August civic holiday that's employers choice? If it's a pay holiday.. nice of Dalton to look like a great guy on the backs of Ontario business.

As far as I know it's official Wayne. I don't get paid for stat holidays, so it doesn't matter to me. But I'll gladly take the day off. I heard on the news today that those people that have a scheduled day in court for minor things such as traffic tickets, will likely get their charged dropped for an undue delay in proceedings, or something like that. Apparently the government didn't do their home work.

my bday is on the 17th so i will take the long weekend bday! first time for that. Seriously though I would rather see this holiday mid july instead. It sure would make working the summer easier if we had a long weekend may 24, july 1, july 15, civic first week august, labour day

but hey for the ice fishing guys im sure this is great!

Cheers!