Any awesome fishing boxing day sales coming?

silveradosheriff

not a boxing day special, but I just bought a curado 301dsv for $230 , taxes and shipping included. (no extra charges). I thought this was a good deal

mike.....when did you buy it? Reason I ask is that Shimano has a rebate on now on Curado ($50), Citica ($30) and Cruxis ($20). Started Dec 17 and runs till April 30 2008. I believe its only good for stuff bought in Canada though. I bought a Curado 200 DHSV from Lebaron for $182.35 (with the 20% club member discount) and then the $50 back from Shimano, brings it down to $132.35 before taxes.......was going to buy a Citica until the guy told me about the rebate. I think its safe to say one would be hard pressed to find a Curado for that price..... LeBarons club deal ends tomorrow though.....after that its only 10% off and no tax on Boxing day....

Not sure if I should have bought the DHSV or the DHV but have the DHSV for now......

A good deal in my books......and not meaning to poo poo on your deal.......no offense :)

Bill

Bassboy, I bought it a couple of weeks ago on ebay from the states. I worked out the savings you mentioned with the rebate and the 20 % discount for members I could have saved $18 more compared to lebaron's. lebaron's price for the curado 301dsv is $293, whereas the 201dsv is $227. Thanks for letting everybody know about the rebate, we all like to get bargains on our gear .

Edited by mikeh

I keep seeing this 20% discount for members from LB's. When did it go up from 7% ?

Its 20% up until today....I guess a pre-christmas thing. However....the 7% has now gone up to 10% from now on.......the place on the back of my card that read 7% has been crossed off in pen and written over with 10. Either one is ok with me.....I already got my membership fee back, and I only joined last Thursday LOL

Mike.....I didnt notice the price on the 301......only looked at the 200. The salesman told me that Shimano had also dropped their prices to the dealers in keeping with the Candian/US dollar situation.......Had he not mentioned all of this I would be the proud owner of an Citica......which is still ok.....

Either way it sounds like you got a great deal too!! WTG!

Bill