Got some 2007 budget left

silveradosheriff

Go for the church boards.I own both kinds and I prefer the Church tackle hands down.Better clips faster to put on and take off.Adjustable weight slides back and forth when the chop is up I slide them back a notch.The upside of the offshores is they come with flags you have to purchase the flags for the church boards but I can see the bright orange board very clearly without the flags.The church boards work with all lines the offshores are limited to mono unless you want to perform the wraparound method.This has resulted in some lost fish trying to disconnect the dam wraparound.Just buy the church boards.good luck fishin.

MTP

well i used both, church walleye board and the offshore board(which is also church actually!) while on fishdevil's boat.

We found that the walleye board kinda bobed up and down where as the offshore one cut very nicely through the waves...

I bought the walleye board before using them, after using them, i promptly refunded them and bought the offshore ones..

Edited by wally kev

well i used both, church walleye board and the offshore board(which is also church actually!) while on fishdevil's boat.

We found that the walleye board kinda bobed up and down where as the offshore one cut very nicely through the waves...

I bought the walleye board before using them, after using them, i promptly refunded them and bought the offshore ones..

Kevin if adjust the weights on the church boards you will find they will slice just as well as the offshores.When the chop is up back the weight on the board back a notch and you will find them smooth as silk.Don't take them back adjust the weight.They are better than the offshore just work with them .I know I own both.

We did try adjusting it, I guess we didn't do it correctly?

Well.. i have a pair of the offshore, and maybe i'll go back and buy a pair of the walleye boards too, so then when i got 4 boards out, i can tell that the yellow ones are the outside ones and the orange are the inside ones or vise versa.

Yes fang you are right i have those 18 snapper clips as well,i still like the offshore boards better i also have the tatle flag for the offshore that i can tell when i have a fish,or a bite,cause i hook it to the spring on the flag and when a fish hits the flag will pull back...its perfect you will always know when a fish is there,and they have a spot to put a small light on the flag so you can use the same set-up at night....its way better than the church board,just go and check the options you can get with the offshore...you will see they are better..oh ya and i do have both and use both so i have been able to compare with time on the water,and how they handle waves and things like that..cheers and good-luck :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Edited by fishindevil

Offshore boards are my choice. Might be a bit more money but they can be used in many different ways. Tattle flags are a great help and the Night Lights that came out last yr work great. I use the Super Snapper OR-18 releases on most of my Offshore boards.

Once again personal choice. You could also try buying one of each and making a decision that way.

Regardless of what others may have said, Offshore boards are far more flexible than Churches and if you follow Fang's advice, you'll never regret your choice.

I have both types and will always grab the Offshores before the Churches. Just remember if your trolling in this kind of weather, to fold the flag down as water accumulating on the flag will freeze and drag the board down.

As far as tattle flags are concerned, you won't need them for trout or salmon as they just about rip the board off the line! Tattles are great for spring fishin, using smaller baits and catching smaller fish. If you know how to fish boards, you'll really not need tattles unless your fishin in the spring.

HH