Portable Heaters

tonyb

Hey guys,

I am curious to know if the Mr Heater Portable Buddy is sufficient for heating an ice hut, or if the Mr Heater Big Buddy is the better way to go?

The difference in weight of the unit is 8lbs for the Portable Buddy and 16lbs for the Big Buddy, so I am curious if the Portable Buddy is too small to get the job done.

prod_buddy.gif

prod_big.gif

Thanks,

Tony

Edited by tonyb

i emailed them back in the fall, they told me that the big buddy was not available in canada,

have you found a place that sells them?Princess auto had a bunch of heaters on sale before hunting season started, i thougth the one with the fan would have been great as they bill them for indoor use also????not to sure about that????thought it might work ok in the garage???

Fishing world in Hamilton has them, and a bigger model than the buddy too. It looks like it could heat a small warehouse :)

I think the portable buddy looks to be the right combination of portability and to provide enough heat.

On a side note, they have those Natrue Vision Pak-Shacks 1 person huts for $124.99 they are chincy but more affordable than the Fish Trap X2 I was dreaming about ($779.00 :o)

Tony

I have the 3000 BTU coleman Blackcat it heats my 2 man Frabill well enough but I would be curious coleman has a larger unit with a fan that runs off Batteries.it sells for about $112.00 though .It would be nice to have during my annual ice fishing tournament where no shelters are permitted.Just hot air blowing my way.Yup thats my next purchase. Ok Lets pray for ice :worthy::worthy::worthy:

I have every heater mentioned above and although they all work fine the standard Mr. Buddy is by far the best buy for the dollars and will more than keep and ice hut not only warm but HOT should you like it that way. Best part is even though there is normally air leaking into most huts the Buddy has a low oxygen shut off that is worth the slightly extra cost to purchase it. Oh, and as far as the fan it's not necessary and the Big Buddy is the only unit in their buddy line up that has it.

Edited by Garyv

Youd be shocked to know how little heat it takes to keep a hut comfortable ... even a small coleman cat heater will do the trick.

Definitely no need for the fan .... and yes do leave a ventilation hole open ... CO is a silent undetectable killer.