Mr. Buddy vs Coleman

Smitty1

Hi Guys

I am looking at getting a good tent and or boat heater for those cool nights - I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good one - I have good things about the Mr.Buddy line - with its auto shut off - any input would be appreicated.

thanks

Smitty

Picked up a Mr.Buddy just for this weekend as we're sleeping in the guesthouse because the inlaws are here for the weekend.....only heatsource.

The warmth was welcome.......the little house is only 13 x 15.

I had it up against the door away from anything flamable and anytime we had to open the door it automatically turned off once bumped.........nice safetyfeature.

This room is insulated too tho.

No problems with this product here.

I've been using a Coleman Black Cat in my tent for the last couple years and it works very well on those cold rainy nights in the spring and fall.

Can't compare it to a Mr. Buddy as I've never used one, but I'd buy a Black Cat again if needed.

51S1VM9Y90L._AA280_.jpg

I've been using a Coleman Black Cat in my tent for the last couple years and it works very well on those cold rainy nights in the spring and fall.

Can't compare it to a Mr. Buddy as I've never used one, but I'd buy a Black Cat again if needed.

51S1VM9Y90L._AA280_.jpg

I also use a black cat mostly for the Ice fishing season... Its very good BUT i have seen the Mr. Buddy in action and it is much better unit !

I heat both my trailer and 10x10 bunkie with a loft using the Buddy Heater... it can be run with a longer hose to a big propane tank which means I never have to worry about waking in the night to replace the tank. The other feature I love is it is kid friendly... any bumps whatsoever and it shuts down. The downfall to this is when it is really rough out on the lake the little bugger keeps needing to be restarted...

Enjoy

Jen

I got a Black Cat for X-mas last year, tried it out for a couple of days and found that it produced less heat then my farts.... :asshat: It seemed as though the heat only partly rolled off the front and went straight up. I took it back. Might buy one that mounts to a 5 to 20 lb tank a Mr. Heater or something..... saw some on sale a month ago at Princess Auto for about $50. I'll keep an eye open.

Entropy