Hey guys, time to slow down

lew

I think yesterdays early season snowfall in the Barrie / Midland / Collingwood area caught alot of drivers off guard and there were a few scary things happening on the roads.

Most folks had the common sense to slow down abit, but too many others figured it was fine to continue on their merry way at 120 K, as if it was still July on a deserted road. Most folks were avoiding the northbound left lane near Barrie because it was pretty well buried in slush, but at least a couple guys flew by me like I was parked, including one tractor trailer driver that figured his delivery was more important than anybody else's saftey. He went by me at a speed I would consider dangerous on a DRY day.

It's gonna be snowing alot around here very soon, please put some decent tires on your car and slow down when necessary.......the life you save could be my family.

Thanks boyz

Cnv2199.jpg

What in the heck is all that white stuff all over the place?... volcanic ash or something???

If you think they're bad up there Lew, you should see us try to drive in a couple inches!!! :w00t:

Please don't let Glenn Drive in Quinte if it snows the road to Tim Horton's would be in jeopardy.

Lew I have one question where are the police when folks are speeding when it snows.

Its time for a reduced speed limit in risky winter conditions :unsure:

yes the speeders should slow down and drive according to conditions

as well, the people driving 40k on the 400 highway, while everyone else is going 80k(and the morons going 120)

these people that drive the highways and stupid slow speeds need to get off the highways....and all other roads

if it's not a traffic thing and they are doing 40k because they feel that is the only safe speed but people are risking themselves trying to pass so they can do a safe speed..they are the ones that cause the accidents more often then not

Also, don't take photographs while you are driving. No matter the speed you are going it is likely more dangerous than a telephone conversation.

:D

Don't worry Steve, when those pics were taken I was only doing about 20K, infact I was passed on the shoulder by an old lady on a bicycle equipped with snowtires ;)

What in the heck is all that white stuff all over the place?... volcanic ash or something???

If you think they're bad up there Lew, you should see us try to drive in a couple inches!!! :w00t:

We usually see that on the news up here a couple of times every winter. Texas, Kansas or Arkansas drivers pressing hard on the throttle or the brakes to "fix" their problems. But it also happens here in Vancouver and Victoria.

well it's time to take the summer tires of and put the winters on now... if only we could convince people that you need to clean the snow off your brake lights, headlights and your all your windows that means the whole window (not just where the windshield wipers travel through), then we'd really be better off...