2007 Fishing Summary

steverowbotham

Well folks, the season is not quite over, but school is getting busy and I only anticipate getting out a few more times.

Every year I like to do a summary of my fishing season, I do it in hard copy and I have my summaries dating back ten years. Just thought that I might share with the rest of the gang.

Best 3 Days ICE FISHING

3) JAN 28, 2007 LAKE NIPISSING

It was the final day of our annual ice fishing trip to North Bay. We were in ice bungalows and we finally got a Vex unit. We noticed suspending fish and put a beating on the herring and perch.

IMG_0925.jpg

2) Feb 23. 2007 LAKE NIPISSING

I hate such a good time on my trip to Nipper with the guys, I had to bring my g/f back. We had a blast caught lots of fish, and she got her first ice fishing trip out of the way.

IMG_0939.jpg

1) MARCH 3, 2007 Lake Simcoe

My dad flew in from Saskatoon to fish with me for the weekend. It was cold, and we only caught about 20 perch, but it was awesome to be spending time with him again.

IMG_0974.jpg

BEST PANFISH DAY

May 3, 2007 GEORGIAN BAY

My buddy Jay and I headed up to G-Bay for the day in search of some spring time crappies ... Bait of the day was a 1.5 inch grub ... swimming it just below the surface. We caught over 100 crappie and had a decent feast with the family that evening.

stevespics019.jpg

BEST BROOKIE FISHING

This year I discovered brookie fishin' I must say I have fallen in love, what a blast I had this year doing it.

3) JUNE 9, 2007

This was the day I discovered brook trout. I read a few reports and wanted to try it out. I bought a topo map and looked for some good water, I thought I had found it. First drift, 10 inch brookie. Next drift, 8 inch brookie. 3 drifts later, another 10 inch brookie. I ended up with 20 fish, my biggest being a 16 incher

Kellisteve030.jpg

2) JUNE 11, 2007

I had to try it again, this time, I still caught 14 fish, kept 2 fish in the 13 inch range. Sorry guys.

Kellisteve187.jpg

1) SEPT 27, 2007

With a cold spell upon us, I hit a haliburton lake with some buddies in search of some brookies, and brookies we found, 3 days before close, they were putting some colour on.

IMG_1744.jpg

IMG_1743.jpg

3 BEST DAYS FOR PIKE

3) JUNE 3, 2007 Lake Couchiching

My dad and I fished a CSFL Pikemania tournament and placed 5th with just over 15 pounds, sorry no pics

2) MAY 12, 2007

Noel and I got out to Cooch on opening day. We caught over 30 fish, no tanks but lots to keep us busy, all fish were released.

stevespics058.jpg

1) MAY 26, 2007

A few buddies and I got up to a Muskoka lake for some pike action, nothin but tanks today!!

CIMG0139.jpg

CIMG0142.jpg

CIMG0140.jpg

3 BEST DAYS FOR RIVER RUN SALMONIDS

3) SEPTEMBER 12, 2007 EAST GTA TRIB

My first day on the river this year, water was dirty but clearing up. Coho's were moving in big time, single eggs were on fire!!

IMG_1501.jpg

IMG_1504.jpg

IMG_1519.jpg

2) SEPTEMBER 14, 2007 EAST GTA TRIB

3rd day straight on the river, water is clear, but coho's were still feeding big time, gotta love it. Thank god for cohos, they will actually eat.

IMG_1551.jpg

IMG_1549.jpg

1) September 13, 2007 EAST GTA TRIB

2nd day in a row, water still a bit dirty, Honeyworms were on fire!! BROWNS HAVE JOINED THE COHOS!!

IMG_1520.jpg

IMG_1521.jpg

IMG_1524.jpg

IMG_1527.jpg

3 BEST DAYS FOR BASS

3) JUNE 23, 2007

My little cousin Brent and I fished a tourney on opening day on a smaller lake, it was a blast and we caught over 40 fish, all between 2 and 3 pounds.

Kellisteve034.jpg

2) OCTOBER 14, Lake Simcoe

Brent, Callum and I fished Simcoe today for a few hours before the rain, the fish were on fire!!

IMG_1685.jpg

IMG_1686.jpg

1) SEPTEMBER 22, 2007

Cal and I fished for 3 hours and pulled over 27 pounds in smallies !!! Best day yet!!

IMG_1606.jpg

Hope you enjoyed