Walleyes color perception

fishindevil

I thought this would be an interesting piece of information that all us die-hard walleye guys should know...about how a walleye sees different light in the color spectrum its no wonder that the ones they see the best are my fav colors of crankbaits & worm harnesses....so check it out,im trying to find the chart for musky,and their best color is red they see that the most.... walleye-color-vision-777326.jpg

What about white ? I like white and chartreuse, every time I put orange on the damn bass go crazy a steal all my bait, I like perch patterns for walleye, you got white,green,orange all in there maybe that has something to do with it.

The reason white is a good 'colour' is that white is the combination of all colors of light. In other words, the color white is seen when the red, green and blue channels all send signals to the brain.

in different light conditions and water depths colours and the way fish perceive them change..

so knowing that info on the chart is only half the puzzle...plus shiners would never be bait if colour was the main factor in walleye feeding