Friday was a PD day

Garry2Rs

Yes Friday was a PD day so Natalie and her Dad called to see if I was interested in going fishing...Is the Pope a Catholic???...grin.

The water was in the high 50's at around 9:30, and the lake was dead calm.

The game plan was to start fishing just past the marina in West bay, around the big shoal ...There were lots of fish hitting the surface, but for our crankbaits, worms and spoons, there was nothing doing.

Next we worked our way toward Tallan Creek and found a couple of small Pike on a triangular shaped shoal.

Moving north toward the creek there's a shoal at the mouth of what I think is called Hawk Bay, I caught a good Bass on a 4 inch Senko type worm.

Chandos_3.JPG

There was nothing around the docks and boats in the small bay east of the creek mouth and shoal. There are many weed patches in this bay. Tossing spinnerbaits and spoons we got a couple more small pike.

Chandos_4.JPG

Both took a white and chartreuse spinner bait.

It was now well after noon, and a breeze was ruffling the surface. I wondered if this might get the Bass bite going.

We motored to the south shore and basically hit boats and docks. Working shallow we picked up another couple of Bass.

Chandos_2.JPG

Chandos_1.JPG

At 4:00 we had to head home to deal with other commitments.

In Summary:

The fishing was challenging...read tough...grin.

The dead calm water was probably what made it hard to get a bite.

The action picked up with the breeze.

The Bass are still shallow.

Edited by garry2rs

Guest Johnny Bass

Great report!I guess the big pike are still deep. I have a feeling we are going to have a really nice October! So maybe they will start putting on the feed in late October early November.