Holy crap that was close...

bigfish1965

Happened to three of us 27 years ago, a cop chased a car onto the main street where it went sideways and hit us. We almost cut a chevy nova in half with an international scout. Didn't look like it did much to the scout till we noticed it set the body back 3" off the frame. As both guys in the car came out the drivers door when they hit us and they were after them for a driving offense nobody was convicted because they couldn't tell who was driving.

It was funny, they had just got my bud's head to stop bleeding in the ER when the cop came in looking for statements. The cop said he wasn't chasing them and my friend called Bull on him and started spurting blood all over so the cop wasn't interested in anything we had to say after that and he left.

What I am trying to understand is if there was a spike belt just up ahead, how did the on coming car get past it? Even if the on coming car had somehow missed the spikes, wouldn't there have been cops there?

Most important thing is you came out of it without a scratch!

What I am trying to understand is if there was a spike belt just up ahead, how did the on coming car get past it? Even if the on coming car had somehow missed the spikes, wouldn't there have been cops there?

Most important thing is you came out of it without a scratch!

He must have come off of Centre St. Thats the road that runs parallel to the canal in Allanburg. The spike belt was set up on the other side of the bridge where there is no way to escape it.

The paper reported the police were 'following' the driver. The car was stolen and the guy had other outstanding warrants for theft. After he stole the car, he proceeded to drive down the main streets of Niagara Falls tossing the contents of the car out the window. Cause when you're in a stolen car, that's the best thing to do to not draw attention to yourself. The paper also reported the suspect was taken to hospital for his 'odd behaviour'. Sounds more like 'high on crack' behaviour...

I took two pics with my cell phone camera, but they have yet to release the data cables for this new phone and the phone end of the cable is a proprietary design. I'll see if I can email them to myself or not.

That's some scary stuff Rick, and it's good to hear you were able to do the right thing and get away from that guy.

Kudo's to the coppers too for doing such a great job, as they always do !!

Now let's just hope the courts do their job :dunno:

That's some scary stuff Rick, and it's good to hear you were able to do the right thing and get away from that guy.

Kudo's to the coppers too for doing such a great job, as they always do !!

Now let's just hope the courts do their job :dunno:

yeah I have no faith in our court system what so ever. 00020080.gif

holy crap! glad you are safe Rick, some people are just idiots, trying to escape a police car, wonder what he was escaping in? i know that bend extremely well too, speed limit is only 50, sometimes i become evil and do about 55 lol... did the fix them potholes on the bridge yet?