PVR ... Anyone use it, is it worth it?

motv8tr

Hey all, I am an admitted TV addict, and with my current shift I am in bed usually by 8pm, therefore I am missing my favorite shows. I am thinking of getting a PVR but thought I'd check and see if anyone here has it, and if so do you think it's worth the extra cost?

Thanks

maureen

Hey there Maureen i would say pick one up . I am in the same boat as u !!! Ive been on stright afternoons for about 4 years and i could not live with out a PVR ,you can program it to record all your favorite shows and it will do it every week at the same time for you and then you can watch whenever your ready. The best part of all is you can fast forward through the comercials. Hope this helps and good luck .

I have had one for a couple of years and I wouldn't be without it now.I record all my favorite shows with a touch of a button and then watch them when I have time and you don't have the commercials because you can skip thru them :D:D .One other nice feature is that if you are watching something live and need to do something you just hit the pause button and it records the program so that you can pickup where you left off and you don't miss a thing..

vance

my tv watching lives and dies by the PVR

I have all my fav. shows set to record, it switches to the channel to record..if I am home I turn off the record and watch it ,

if I am away it's saved and I can watch it anytime I want

I love mine

PVR is the best thing since sliced bread!

Makes TV watching more efficient and leaves more time for surfing the net or doing whatever. For example, I can record a show that starts at 9:00, start watching it at 9:15-9:20, skip the commercials and still go to bed at 10:00. I just picked up 20 minutes to do something else.

Thanks everyone, guess I'll be making a phone call in a little bit ;)

Hope it's easy to operate as i can be somewhat techinically challenged :P

Well I called them and quickly changed my mind....they want to charge me 75.00 to have someone come and hook it up for me..what a rip off...however, if I buy it outright for 300.00 I can hook it up myself...geez...might just go and buy myself a new VCR or even a DVD recorder....ugggh

Maureen

Edited by motv8tr