few skis tonight

2 tone z71

Why isn't it cool to photo it on the boat? Am I missing something here...

Nice ski's! I hooked one last night on Sturgeon and man did it put up a fight... lost it right at the dock too... it would have been my PB ski for sure!

Nice ski's! I hooked one last night on Sturgeon and man did it put up a fight... lost it right at the dock too... it would have been my PB ski for sure!

Nice 'skis. Enjoy the opportunities! The best muskie in my boat wasn't the biggest, but it was my dad's first!

I think what Pigeontroller is getting at is that it is not a practice that should be promoted, SS, carpet, wood, fiberglass, whatever. We all learn, heck, I have a pic from back in 2000 of me doing a vertical hold. Haven't done it since.

Thanks Pigeontroller, your efforts at raising the bar should be commended.

a little education goes a long way........

What he said was it wasn't cool to lay them on the floor. Laying fish on the floor that you plan to release not only removes some of their protective slime, it also puts more stress on the fish. As a person becomes more experienced with handling muskies they take better care of their catch. I'm sure everyone has at least once dropped a fish in the bottom of the boat or laid it on the floor to take a picture. No need to rip on a person for doing it.

Edited by Zib

I'm sure everyone has at least once dropped a fish in the bottom of the boat

...guilty as charged. Apparently they don't like being dropped, and can cause some serious chaos in your boat. Good reason to keep those big nasty lures out of the way too. Big fish can be a real challenge when you don't catch them too often! Although I hate cradles for one very important reason (lure launching at your head), I do appreciate how well they let you handle fish at boatside, especially keeping them in the water. It comes down to experience in my opinion. The more of these fish you catch, the better you become at handling/releasing them. Everyday is a learning experience.

Hey fellas thanks for the heads up ive been doing this Muskie Buisness a few months now and these big buggers still scare me a lil once caught,this one was netted and the net layed on the floor with the fish ,I need a better net no question and a longer handled pair of pliers lol thanks for the tips

Nice fish. Love the dog. B)

What kind of boat is that? It looks like it could take a beating without any worries.

its my Dads all welded aluminum him and a welder/fabricater buddy built it in his shop a few years back,there common up here ,my Boss has a 26 ft center console with twin 200 HO E tecs capable of hauling 3-4 tons and running 65-70 MPH empty