Anyone Fly Rc (radio Controlled) Aircraft? Nf

Cast-Away

I just purchased a CP Pro helicopter yesterday as a new hobby. The learning curve is quite steep, so I thought that it would be a great off-season hobby. One of the local RC clubs meets at a school right near my house, so once I get proficient at flying, I might join their club in order to enjoy a bigger venue.

Anyone else fly heli's or planes? I'd like to hear some comments from others.

Thanks

Castaway: I used to fly planes, gave it up a while back. Helo's are a bit more difficult unless you have the advanced integrated system that allows you to fly 1 stick instead of 2. You might also want to consult the local club about the MAAC insurance to save your bacon if you experience flying into some Cumulo-Granite clouds, a.k.a. somebodys car or personal stuff.

Hey, congrads on wanting to learn to fly. I don't fly heil's But highly sugguest that you get some help from some one in that club. Some guys add to there landing gear a hoola hoop or four wooden dowel's to help them to learn to hover. That is the hardest to learn. I've been flying planes for over ten yrs. now and I really enjoy it. You should have someone help to set up everything for you. Them blades are costly. Anyway good luck and let us know how you are doing.

The cp Pro is a little rough to learn on.The CX is one down from the pro in skill level and can be flown well in a short time.It will not do the tricks the pro can do but the controls are the same so it is an exellent trainer.If you have the funds you should park the Pro and get the CX to learn on.Be prepaired to buy lots of extra props and body parts.Thetraining "wheels" help some.Good luck!

Joe

Thats funny cause I was thinking of getting a jet. But I was thinking of getting the one with a turbine engine not a propellar one. The turbine engines are awesome but the F-16 or F/18 Horent.

The website I found was "Altecare.com. Google it up and check it out. Just don't look at the prices. or your eyes will end up like this -------------> :blink::blink::blink:

There's some great vids of the planes on "youtube" Its cool when you see smoke and fire come out of the back of a turbine engine of a rc aircraft. The planes are fully operational too just like the real thing. The wheels go up under the belly of the aircraft and the hatch closes too.

I dreaming of it so far haven't purchased anythin yet. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

dsn

The plane I was looking at cost in total $4,000.00 " totally sick!! ":w00t:

Check out RC gas turbine action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sl0XPvh_bs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7czaWX07VUI...ted&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7czaWX07VUI...ted&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFq5E4igvDI

Edited by dsn

I bought the cp pro first and found it to much to handle. I bought a lama to learn on but should have bought the CX it is more stable than the Lama. I also have a few cheap electricplanes to crash in the pasture also. The Helo's are alot of fun ona nice windless evening after work Joe and I will fly over the grass to keep the crash damage down to a mininum. On some of the not so nice days we will back out the trucks in Joes big new garage and fly inside. The biggist advantage to the hrlos is you can fly it in the back yard if you have just alittle room to play in.

Art

Thanks for all of the advice guys! I knew going into the purchase that the CP Pro was quite difficult to learn and am willing to put in the hours to master it because I want to be able to do advanced flying with it in the future.

If I can't master it on my own, I plan on joining the local club and getting some help.