carp fishing with a surprise

fatherof3

With my son at his moms for the weekend and the older boy at a birthday party I decided to sneak back down after the rain stopped for a bit.It still rained lightly on and off but was well worth going.Here are a couple pics of when I arrived.

100_0445.jpg

100_0446.jpg

The fishing was a little slow but did end up with this bass.

100_0447.jpg

100_0448.jpg

I did manage one good size carp but lost him at shore.When I got him in I noticed he had wrapped himself in my line and as I went down to grab him he took off again.I grabbed my rod but not soon enough as the line snapped.Oh well, can't catch them all.Here is a pic of my rod during the fight.

100_0471.jpg

I had one more fish which did not fight like a carp or a bass so I was surprised when I got this one in.

100_0444.jpg

All 3 fish were caught on corn bottom fishing.That is what I love about the Grand, you never know what you will get.While down there I was treated to a great sunset so I took a lot of pics.Here are some,hope you enjoy.I did.

100_0451.jpg

100_0452.jpg

100_0453.jpg

100_0459.jpg

100_0461.jpg

100_0462.jpg

100_0463.jpg

100_0465.jpg

100_0467.jpg

100_0468.jpg

100_0476.jpg

100_0480.jpg

It's nice to catch a surprise fish! That's gotta be the first bass I've heard of being caught on corn though!

Nice little trout too. Congrats.

You've got the fishing bug bad! Keep the evening reports coming.

Awesome! Did you take that little trout home? He looks perfect for the BBQ (or frying pan).

I can attest to catching them on weird things too. A couple days ago I got one a little smaller than yours on a giant doughball for carp. Never did catch a carp, just a trout, lol

Awesome! Did you take that little trout home? He looks perfect for the BBQ (or frying pan).

I can attest to catching them on weird things too. A couple days ago I got one a little smaller than yours on a giant doughball for carp. Never did catch a carp, just a trout, lol

Way to go Rich, now all the steelheaders will be floating giant doughballs!