Quick Salmon Report

ccmtcanada

Well, I've never been on a streak like this...4 nights in a row catching fish. For the record, I've been wearing the same pair of pants since the streak began...LOL. Fish slime for that many days...you dont wanna be too close to me.

Anyhow, we headed out and when we got there it was wall to wall people. Again, most left when it got dark out, so we had a few hot spots to try out.

The area was teaming with aggressive fish the last few nights, but I think the rain last night may have been enough to send a bunch up the trib. About an hour into fishing, I hooked into this Chinook...a smaller one...31 inches....and 13.5 pounds. The little ones still put up quite the fight...it's just fun to hook into some strong active fish!

cliffbdaysalmon.jpg

Anyhow...I had a fantastic birthday...and capped it off with one fish.

Goodnight all...I'm pretty tired tonite!!!

Great job Cliff! Spending so many late nights fishing makes me wonder if you have a real job during the day.

As far as lucky items go

I have my

- unwashed Simms gore-tex wading jacket (with slime from steelhead, carp and salmon on the storm flap from 3-4 seasons)

- unwashed seal-skinz waterproof socks (washed 3yrs ago)

- 4yr old lucky hat (Faded Nike hat...It used to be black now a light brown colour)

I also have my pre-trip rituals but I would rather not divulge such information :whistling:

You're not alone when it comes to searching for that extra bit of help.

Congrats Cliff! Nice way to finish off your birthday I'd say. Now will you move the heck out of the way so Bly can get one!!! :P:D Should we start taking bets on how long your "hitting" streak will continue? ;) 4 for 4. Very nice. :thumbsup_anim::clapping:

danw - I like your idea for the days of the week. lol.

OK - Now I can go to bed. Good night all!

So that means your 31 right? :) Congrats on the 4 night streak, I expect a 6" bullhead for day #5 (just kidding, probably be a 5 foot sturgeon knowing you and bly)

THe luck cant last forever..so I'm thinking the sturgeon will leap during the fight, hit me in the head...I'll be knocked out and it will pull me around the water for a while before bly saves me.

Yep...i'm sure that's what'll happen....hehe.