Salmon??? Any reports

Ok so yes I am a chick and absolutely love to fish.

Any reports on where the action is best for Salmon fishing? I am from north of Hamilton and normally head out to Port Hope this time of year, which is where I caught my 40 lbd salmon two years ago, and even when the fish aren't bitin....I catch my limit.

Any reports would be really great

Thanks a buch guys

Kelly :Gonefishing:

Edited by kellyann.nicholas

Welcome Kelly, I don't know about the salmon on Lake Ontario, there have been some scattered reports but it seems to be hit or miss. I can say that on Lake Huron if you don't have a boat bring your bass gear if you really want to catch fish...

That could change though if we get a string of 10 degree nights though.....

<_<Hm m m m m m m . . . . . . . . a 40 pounder would have won the derby that year . . . how do you like the boat, trailer & truck? I suspect ol' Mikey Pikey has hit the nail square on the head! Edited by Photoz

I will upload pictures later to verify the story, Ok so I told a little white lie my husband just informed me that it was 39 not 40, but I'll still add the picture later. Plus I was just out fishin for the fun of it and was not aware of the derby...sucks to be me I would have loved a new truck, boat and trailer. I'll keep that in mind for next time. Can't wait to get out there this year and show the boys how it's done! SMILES :thumbsup_anim:

I was down at the Oshawa pier a few nights ago 9:30-11pm.

They were turning and 1 out of the 5 people fishing caught one that looked like 7lbs to me.

Everyone was using those glow in the dark cleo's.

On the topic of glow in the dark cleos. Is it legal to illuminate them with artificial light and then fish with them?

Stuntman

On the topic of glow in the dark cleos. Is it legal to illuminate them with artificial light and then fish with them?

Stuntman

Provided that the light is part of the actual lure, it's legal. You can't use lights (like lanterns or powerful flashlights) to attract fish to your area. From what I've been told, the light (from lanterns) attracts small bait fish which in turn attract bigger fish to your area.

Gonna be hittin Bronte tonight boys, there are sure to be some new pictures for yous tomorrow along with the pics that I have promised...have to dig them out and scan them for you.

Thanks for all the welcomes...yous are a great group.

Stay Tuned...

Edited by kellyann.nicholas

Gonna be hittin Bronte tonight boys, there are sure to be some new pictures for yous tomorrow along with the pics that I have promised...have to dig them out and scan them for you.

Thanks for all the welcomes...yous are a great group.

Stay Tuned...

Still wait for some pictures!

Including that 40lb'er