UFC Tomorrow!!

Gerritt

Here is my tale of the tape....

Patrick Coté (11-4-0) vs. Kendall Grove (10-3-0) I will take Grove

Kurt Pellegrino (16-2-0) vs. Joe Stevenson (32-7-0) I will take Stevenson... by Desicion...

Roger Huerta (20-1-1) vs. Alberto Crane (8-0-0) I will take Huerta

Josh Koscheck (11-1-0) vs. Georges St-Pierre (13-2-0) This one could go either way... Both are great fighters... but I will take St.Pierre

Randy Couture (15-8-0) vs. Gabriel Gonzaga (8-1-0) I would like to Couture win.... But I think Gonzaga is going to take it.

Your thoughts?

Gerritt.

I still think that very first few UFC 1 to 10 or so was the best.

It was totally different style going at it.

Now a day... everybody knows everything.

Don't you want to see Kung Fu vs. Kick Boxing or something? I sure would love to!

BTW,, i don't care who wins, I just want to see exciting fights!

Gonzaga has been my hero ever since he gave Crocop a taste of his own medicine and kicked him square in the head.

hard to say im stickin with the old tymer even tho Gonzaga has the death kick

i just cant wait to watch it

There are two fantastic fights, its going to be awsome!

I want Couture to win, but Gonzaga is going to be tough. He has a very strong ground game and is very good at striking as well (Mirko Cro Cop). He is also a VERY big man. Much larger than Couture. If I were to bet, I would go with Gonzaga. But I will root for Couture.

The GSP / Koscheck fight will be wild. Koscheck is one of the best on the ground, but he has also been working on his boxing. I think this is going to be an even fight. GSP is rated #2 at 170lbs, Koscheck #4, in the world. I am rooting for GSP and I would put $$ on him too, although it could go either way.

One thing for sure, its going to be one hell of a show!!

Burt :)

Guest Trophymuskie

I heard St-Pierre on the radio this week and he's 110% this time around and he's almost been promised a title shot in Montreal in Feb if he wins so he's my choice.

Now where can someone see this and what time costs etc etc?

I heard St-Pierre on the radio this week and he's 110% this time around and he's almost been promised a title shot in Montreal in Feb if he wins so he's my choice.

My house 56"

Bring the beer and cheetos... I'll save yah a seat...

Gerritt.

Guest Trophymuskie
My house 56"

Bring the beer and cheetos... I'll save yah a seat...

Gerritt.

Man if I was within an hour or two I would take you up on the offer. :wallbash:

I think Couture will take it. He is good against other wrestlers and while Gonzaga showed his striking skills last match he is still a wrestler first.

St. Pierre should beat Koscheck if he got his act together and started training harder and cut his partying down.

Joe Stevenson is an up and coming star and will take this match and should get a shot at Sherk's vacated belt. I was training a bit with Stevenson when he was in town about a month ago and this kid is good.

Grove should beat Cote. Cote has all the skills but never has been able to put it together when it mattered.

Huerta should have no trouble in his match.

Those are my picks but with all the upsets lately I could be wrong on every single one :)

Here is my tale of the tape....

Patrick Coté (11-4-0) vs. Kendall Grove (10-3-0) I will take Grove

Kurt Pellegrino (16-2-0) vs. Joe Stevenson (32-7-0) I will take Stevenson... by Desicion...

Roger Huerta (20-1-1) vs. Alberto Crane (8-0-0) I will take Huerta

Josh Koscheck (11-1-0) vs. Georges St-Pierre (13-2-0) This one could go either way... Both are great fighters... but I will take St.Pierre

Randy Couture (15-8-0) vs. Gabriel Gonzaga (8-1-0) I would like to Couture win.... But I think Gonzaga is going to take it.

Your thoughts?

Gerritt.

I agree with the first two. As for Huerta and Crane....I don't even know who these guys are. lol

I don't think our boy Pierre will come out on top even though I'd like him to :( (I'm guessing it'll be a decision) and I think Coulture will submit Gonzaga in what will be a really boring wrestling match.

None of these fights sound that exciting except for St-Pierre and Koscheck.

Ya Gerritt... your predictions are right on, but I think the only decision of the night will be for Groves... The rest are going to be KO's or TKO's. I might just have to drop by with some brown pop if the boss will let me.

Ya Gerritt... your predictions are right on, but I think the only decision of the night will be for Groves... The rest are going to be KO's or TKO's. I might just have to drop by with some brown pop if the boss will let me.

Get-r-done!

Besides I have your stuff here..

Gerritt.

I agree with the first two. As for Huerta and Crane....I don't even know who these guys are. lol

I don't think our boy Pierre will come out on top even though I'd like him to :( (I'm guessing it'll be a decision) and I think Coulture will submit Gonzaga in what will be a really boring wrestling match.

None of these fights sound that exciting except for St-Pierre and Koscheck.

I'm upset they aren't showing the Clay Guida fight on TV. The lightweights are exciting and his last match was awesome.

The ST Pierre fight should be good as long as Koscheck doesn't start with his "Lay and Pray" smothering when St Pierre threatens him.

Richard the fight is being shown at all Local heros... I am off to eat with the wife and am going to try and break free to watch the fights

Koscheck= :stretcher:

Im sorry that you feel that we got suckered into "what sells these days".

Im gona stick to replying to fishing related topics... :D

I didnt say anyone got suckered in, I was just stating an opinion. I guess I should stick to fishing related posts too. :Gonefishing:

My predicition is more violence that this world doesn't need. Oh well I guess thats what sells these days.

Just my opinion. :blahblah1:

Believe it or not MMA has removed violence from many of the fighters lives. This is an organized and governed sport. Many fighters find an outlet in MMA that takes them away from the streets and away from opportunity to use their art for true violent and criminal means.

Before the onset of the UFC 1 in the early 90's it would have been hard to find a person who really had something bad to say about martial arts. Why would they, martial arts trained in the right way teaches not only self defense but honor, respect and disipline. The problem is people never saw the reality of what martial arts is for, and that is to learn to fight and defend.

These athletes you see are trained professionals and are in their because they want to be.....well and for the money. They have trained their whole lives in many cases to get to the skill level they are at. With the time, effort and money they have put into this why hold them back from showing the world the skills they have accumulated and making some money from it.

The promoters and fight companies is where the problem lies. Dana White may have put MMA on the map in America but he also through his actions and words helped to continue promoting a stigma that MMA is full of brutes and heathens. I just wish the guy acted a bit more professional in front of the camera.....but that's another story for another day.

Believe it or not MMA has removed violence from many of the fighters lives. This is an organized and governed sport. Many fighters find an outlet in MMA that takes them away from the streets and away from opportunity to use their art for true violent and criminal means.

Before the onset of the UFC 1 in the early 90's it would have been hard to find a person who really had something bad to say about martial arts. Why would they, martial arts trained in the right way teaches not only self defense but honor, respect and disipline. The problem is people never saw the reality of what martial arts is for, and that is to learn to fight and defend.

These athletes you see are trained professionals and are in their because they want to be.....well and for the money. They have trained their whole lives in many cases to get to the skill level they are at. With the time, effort and money they have put into this why hold them back from showing the world the skills they have accumulated and making some money from it.

The promoters and fight companies is where the problem lies. Dana White may have put MMA on the map in America but he also through his actions and words helped to continue promoting a stigma that MMA is full of brutes and heathens. I just wish the guy acted a bit more professional in front of the camera.....but that's another story for another day.

Well said. I've trained MMA and Thai Boxing for 10 years, I've never been in a street fight in my life and I'm the least violent person I know.