Tacklebuster

Bass Lures  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which Bass Lure Loses More Fish

• Stick or Jointed baits
    • Jigs or Tubes
    • Spinner Baits
    • In-Line Spinner
    • Artificial Worms (dropshotting or weightless)

Hi Everyone,

Just looking for opinions to settle a debate. Your make your cast, or your trolling, and you get a good hit, set the hook, and its Fish On! Before you know its like the karate kid, Fish Off! So the question is, which type of lure you have lost more bass?

I forgot to include surface/top water baits, so if you wish, you can just mention it in your reply.

Thanks for you responses, and of course, Happy Fishing.

Oh ya, my choice was spinner baits.

Edited by Tackle Buster

I didn`t vote, surface lures, whether a buzzbait or hard body. You are waiting to set the hook until you feel the fishes weight, but does the fish have it in it`s mouth? A hook caught slightly in a fin or other body part? Their miss or my loss? If I stick them I don`t lose many no matter what the lure.

Just harder to get a good hook up with a surface lure, they miss.

Given the choice between any single big hook lure (spinnerbait, buzzbait, worm, jig, etc. usually on heavy line) or a multi-little-treble hook bait (popper, jerkbait, rattlebait, crankbait usually on lighter gear)... Gimme the big meat hook every time. If you fight it for 3 seconds versus 30 seconds, there's less chance of something going wrong. :)

Charles

Depends on what you really mean....

1. fish that you have on then toss the lure, or

2. solid hits that don't end up in hook-ups

Plastic frogs are the all-time high for #2. So much so that I don't use them anymore. Otherwise, spinnerbaits and jigs are right up there for highest percentage of hookups that result in lost fish.