FRIDAY SIMCOE SMALLIE REPORT

snagmaster

HEY ALL, decided to hit simcoe again with johny bass this passed friday. Originally we were going to take his rig but when he woke up in the 6am his trailer tire was flat...crapppy... I made plans to have my truck in the shop so it was unavailable ....thankgod we both have 2inch balls cause johny towed up my boat and the day wasnt ruined.. we thought we would launch at Boney boats in sutton but when we got there the dude told us that the town of georgina has just made a new rule that it was 30$ for parking and 10 to launch...WOW...thats ridiculous.. so we headed over to sibalds point....at this point johny was a little ticked and i can understand why....I told him all he needed was a nice smallie and he would be happy again. The day started off with some cool temps and cloud cover which we werent to happy about. We both knew that as soon as the temps climb the bite would pick up. First fish was about a half hour into fishing.

a 2.5er

IMG_0771.jpg

we were happy to see a fish in the boat early .About ten min later johny saw a bass under the boat so he put his jig right in its face and it couldnt resist..lol

a 3.5er

IMG_0773.jpg

couple min later i got one around 2lb. Even tho we got three quick fish johny thought we would have a tough day. I didnt , i knew johny and I could find some bigger fish. We left that spot and headed over to a spot johny fished last week. He saw lots of big bass but couldnt get then to bite. We didnt see one fish and we fished the spot for over an hour....I always say you never know , fish swim and therefor move. I saw a nice point not to far from where we were and opted that we give it a shot. We get there and it was much different from our other spots. it droped from 6 to 20 pretty quick. Johny loves thowing big ski spinner baits , he says he catches everything on them. I was scepticle. His first cast into 20fow and he hooks a 5lber..I was shocked

IMG_0774.jpg

about ten minutes later Johny gets another 5lber on a jig, our usual presentation

IMG_0776.jpg

Now he was happy....lol but i still needed to hook into something big and about 20 min later it happened. My PB smallie 6lbs. What a hog

IMG_0778.jpg

IMG_0781.jpg

we worked the spot peppering it with jigs and soon after i got this nice 4.6lber. This one faught like crazy . we thought it was 7+ for the first couple minutes

heres the line ripper

IMG_0785.jpg

soon after we left that spot and tried one on the way back to the launch. We worked deeper water at this spot then last week as that was the pattern and I picked up this nice 4.6. Talk about clones...lol

IMG_0788.jpg

johny and I hooked a couple more smaller bass and then i got johnys lunch...lol hahah

IMG_0790.jpg

we did one more drift as we were satisfied at this point I picked up this 4lber and johny got one about1.5

IMG_0791.jpg

and that was it . The fish were holding in deeper water this today and they still wanted my fav jig that worked so well for us last week. It was a great day on the water ...lots of laughs and lots of fish . What else can you ask for.... the count was 7 fish for me and 5 for johny...now we are 2-2....lol ....next time outs an important one.... we calced that our best five fish weight was 25.2 lbs in tourny hours..now we know where we stand.Hope you enjoyed the report

Edited by snagmasteral

Guest Johnny Bass

Yep. We decided to fish Simcoe again. But this time I wanted to see what we can catch during Tournament hours. Last week we killed them but most in the afternoon.

This trip was classic team work. We put 2 and 2 together and all our suggestions produced fish.

Our total was 25lbs 2 oz. From 9:30 to 3pm. Very respectable.

After my 2nd 5 lber, my line was completely fried. There was twists in it on the spool all the way to my bait, which made for difficult hook sets and making contact with bottom. My spare line is on my boat. Alex offered to give me some line but I declined.

But I am respooled and ready for the next fish off. :thumbsup_anim: Finally a challenging fishing partner!

WOW!

Monster Bass.

Hmmmmmmmmm.Note to self, must get out on Simcoe soon.LOL

Great report.

Ps, I would'nt brag about this... "thankgod we both have 2inch balls cause " LOL

Edited by banger

Ah those are some real nice fish,but I guess I have to say it first.I thought the same thing when I was catching them bigg,ns.Tourney day comes,100+ boats out and wouldnt you know it,some of them know the same spots as you,but they were quicker to the spot.

Dont get me wrong fellas. Those are nice fish and very respectful.This is just one reality of the sport I have come to grips with.

Hope yer not offended by my reply.

Guest Johnny Bass
Ah those are some real nice fish,but I guess I have to say it first.I thought the same thing when I was catching them bigg,ns.Tourney day comes,100+ boats out and wouldnt you know it,some of them know the same spots as you,but they were quicker to the spot.

Dont get me wrong fellas. Those are nice fish and very respectful.This is just one reality of the sport I have come to grips with.

Hope yer not offended by my reply.

I'm not offended at all Brian. I am well aware of this. And plus, I only know how to catch these bass when the wind is minimal. I dont think I can stay on the pattern if it is too windy or there is a cold font. As I have said in my previous posts. I still have a lot to learn about Simcoe. Though am very pleased with my results thus far. That being only the fourth time I have fished it and 3 times did exceptionally well.

Only time will tell. I'd give it another 2-3 years before I decide to give it a go, but i am definately considering it. Oh and I am very competitive. When there is a challenge I definately pick up my game.

Hey thanks alot guys....have been loving all the great reports you guys have been posting...OFC is truly a great board....good luck on the water

Hey misfish im not offended at all, im a young angeler and have alot to learn, And have many years to improve my knowledge, BUT you are stating the obvious bud....have been very consistant on the water lately and love the thrill of the catch more then the competitive aspect of fishing...who knows tho one day you might have to watch out for johny and I at weigh in.....lol

Edited by snagmasteral