Christmas came early this year...Yahooooo

Beans

Went carp fishing with a couple of friends today and was presented with this

It's a Barrington 11 ft. Carp rod (1 1/2 to 2 lb. action) complete with an Okuma Epixor EB50 baitrunner reel spooled with 17 lb mono...

I was so dumbfounded and speechless I damn near kissed the OFNer that gave it to me but I didn't want him to think I was a "funny" guy so I gave him a hug...and thanked him profusely...

I wish I could say I christened it by landing a carp but I did lose one (I know Meely...if I don't get it into the boat...it's just a story...LOL)

Now I can go play with the carp just like the big boys...LOL

I thought when an OFNer giving me a saltwater Zebco spinning reel to use on my 7 ft ugly stik to catch carp that I was on top of the world...now this...WOW !

Ontario Fishing Network Community is the Greatest !!!

Congrats on the new set-up Beans. Hopefully you'll be able to Christen it soon.

On a side-note: With a 1.5-2lb test curve, I would be a little hesitant to throw a fully loaded method feeder at distance. Beyond basic ledgering, it looks like a great rod for stalking and float fishing.

Congrats on the new set-up Beans. Hopefully you'll be able to Christen it soon.

On a side-note: With a 1.5-2lb test curve, I would be a little hesitant to throw a fully loaded method feeder at distance. Beyond basic ledgering, it looks like a great rod for stalking and float fishing.

basic ledgering ?...test curve ?...I'll have to get Photoz to explain these to me...

Nowhere to buy feeders around here so I make my own with hair curlers from the dollar store...they don't hold much feed...actually I prefer not to use them at all and just chum the area with maize...a bell sinker, a hair rig and two kernels of maize with a tutti frutti boilie on the hair...

Saw a neat deal today for feeding...looks like sandwich baggies but the material disolves instantly and has small holes so that it sinks quickly...you fill the bag with dry ground bait rather than having to dampen to form balls and it comes with a string to tie the bag closed...not cheap...$22 per 100...what ever will they think of next...

Carp fishing has come a long way from winding a hand line around your head and tossing her out with a couple of doughballs attached...LOL

Hey OP...long time...that chair is a wicker rocker...one rock over a paw of that pup of yours and the chair will have to go...my cats give it a wide berth when I'm on it... :whistling:

That IS one nice rod & reel Beansie, and comes from the best carper I know . . . . . when he e-mails me & says "Head for the Kawarthas . . they're hitting," I know if I just drop EVERYTHING and head out, I'm gonna catch fish. I've picked up a lotta useful l'il tips in the last few years from this member (whom I won't name, as he'd be embarrassed by the attention) and every bit of advice offered, HAS WORKED!! The 'Gran Flanders' of the carping set! But . . . . I constantly see members helping out other members of this board, seems to go with the territory. Sure feels good to know people like this!

Sorry guys . . . . I wasn't in a great fishin' mood today . . . . a few things hangin' over my head these days, kinda takes the wind outta my sails! Just good to get out & put a line in the water!

Edited by Photoz

No christening report yet...Just getting warmed up by losing a couple more carp today... :blush: (so did Crappieperchhunter... :lol: )

I think I need to use a "bolt rig" until I get used to the "free spool" feature of the baitrunner reel...I'm not used to having to set the hook as the carp did that themselves by pulling out line against the drag of my old spinning outfit...

Photoz...What a delightful suprise it was to see you !!!...When you wern't there at daybreak we all figured you wern't up to the long drive...I felt like running (?) up the hill and giving you a hug but remembered you are still hurting from the operation... :)