Fishing pressure

scuro

I went into my local tackle store yesterday and mentioned that I was going to a lake south of Huntsville. The owner said why are you going there, there is a lot of fishing pressure on that lake. I'm going with my mother and the kids so I really don't have a choice. This last spring I was at another lake and again talked to an owner of a local tackle store. He suggested targetting whitefish because walleye are hard to come by.

..what regions of Ontario have heavy fishing pressure. If you were to draw a map what parts of Ontario would you put in the heavy fishing pressure section?

Edited by scuro

Many easily accesible lakes in SW Ontario have alot of pressure, but that doesnt mean you wont find fish - you just need to work a little harder. My best advice, is to find a friendly local on the lake and discuss fishing over a few beer - maybe he will share soem secrets with you :)

Fishing pressure ruined the Long Point Bay bass fishery. There's still lots, they're just stunted. Not so much the fishing pressure that mattered.. just the bucket brigade filling their buckets with nothing but big breeding fish.

Fishing pressure ruined the Long Point Bay bass fishery. There's still lots, they're just stunted. Not so much the fishing pressure that mattered.. just the bucket brigade filling their buckets with nothing but big breeding fish.

Not to mention the opening day "smallmouth slaughter"

You said it,but then again, I have tried to come to grips with,they are breaking no laws,but I hear ya Rich.

I just fished a heavy presured lake this week and did very well. All fish released for another day.

Any lake that you can trailer a boat to is fished hard.

If you disagree please PM me the name of the lake so i can confirm that you are right.

Some of the fly in lakes are not that good anymore.

The best fishing right now is Lake Ontario salmon.

Well like glen said LAKE ONTARIO NIAGRA RIVER.... is without a doubt the best fishing in north america, and guess what its right on your doorstep.....oh well i guess some people know the rest,just fish everywhere else glen...lol..lol.. well i remember when the kawartha lakes like pigeon would produce 50 walleye in a day...of course that was when there was only 100 cottages on the lakes too.....i just drive farther north all the time and there is still amazing fishing up there and its great cause pepople wont go that far...and im only talking about 3-4 hrs away....i will spen the extra 20 bucks in gas and acually catch 15-25 walleyes in a day,as to stay close and fish the kawarthas and have every idiot in the world out there ...and hardly any fish....it depends what and how far you are willing to go to have decent fishing right....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Kawartha walleye and musky fishing is at the best I've seen it since I was a young kid. I think more people in that area are practicing proper catch and release, which is a great thing. I wish the old men down south would follow suit a bit.

They've done studies where they determined that some fish learn from past experience and learn to avoid certain baits, because they were caught b4.

X2

My buddy has a stocked Bass pond in his back yard.

He pratices all C&R and files down all barbs.

But after awhile, they do know the bait that make them have sore lips & whip-lash.

After tossing out soft plastics for a couple of weeks.They just won;t! hit it again.Then we'd change to inline spinners, and get them every cast.And then after a bit of C&R with the spinner, we'd have to change up to YADA YADA.

They learn & retain info.

Bass are smarter then they look.