Bass Pro Rod/Reel Sale

Thanks for the heads up, Bud. I don't care much for their rods/reels and such. I think they exelled and peaked even with the knives and baits but I'm sure that at that price, a lot of folks would buy them and be well served by them.

You want your girl to like fishing then don't buy crap. They don't like fiddling around fixing line or the spinner binding when the are winding it in. They know its crap stuff as well. If she has already used your gear she will know you bought her FisherPrice.

Peace Ken

Glad to hear you say that Bowshep. I have a nice set-up for your girl. You can have it now, and it's not a Fisher-Price outfit. It's a custom Loomis/Shimano combo. $1,000.00. PM me if you're interested.

Well she has a Fenwick 13.5 but no centerpin yet. She has a Top of the line Quantum spinner with a Quantum rod. And thats since she got with me in Feb. Peace ken

Ps she paid for most of the gear herself. NOW WHAT FOR A CENTER PIN ???????

Islander :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

Mr.Ken,

For a lady that comes fishing with me two or three times per year; I do not see the point nor can I justify spend a few hundred dollars on a rod and reel. My point to the entore post was that for the novice angler; this may seem like a pretty good deal. Once my wife begins taking the sport more seriously, I will buy her higher quality equipment. Using golf as an example, when you first start out, you have a cheapy set from Canadian Tire. As you become more involved in the sport; you upgrade. It's just my opinion.

G

But Opinions is what fissin' is all about the only thing l bought was a Reel and next is the center pin l find if they spend some of there own money they come out more.

My first coment was an opinion and that opinion has served me well. :wub:

Peace Ken

"But Honneyyyy l need the spair rod" l have been practicing that line for when another fish follows the fish you have on the hook. Peace Ken

300 bucks thats in gear for a year with out the rod and reels

oh did she say the your reel has got a crack//// got to get a new one lol

Edited by bowshep

NOW WHAT FOR A CENTER PIN ???????

Islander :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

Not Islander...AngSpec!

DSC_0182.jpg

I’ve always bought the best gear that I could afford…Or almost afford and set up a financing plan with the tackle shop (interest free of course :D )…I also fish quite a few days more than the average weekend warrior (that’s my justification for high-end gear and I’m sticking to it).

IMO, whether something is “quality” really depends on whether or not the product meets or exceeds the user’s needs and/or expectations. For the person who may fish a dozen times per year, a BPS combo may be all that he/she needs. Case-in-point: A newbie certainly wouldn’t utilize the full performance of a high-end, ultra-fast action fly rod that pros like Steve Rajeff or Jerry Siem would get out of it – In some cases, it can even hinder their learning curve. Beyond price, a newbie probably wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between a Loomis GLX and a $36 Rapala special anyway…Usually they’re just happy to be outside catching fish.

BPS and Rapala rods and reels are a good alternative to those who just want to wet a line and could care less that their rod doesn't have 65+ million modules of graphite, Fuji SIC guides, Flor grade cork from Portugal or a reel seat made of the same carbon-fiber used in Ferraris. Buy what you need or what you can afford. People after-all were catching fish with twigs back in the stone age.

As far as buying fishing gear for the significant other, more often than not, they would rather you save a buck and not have to pull a Lorena Bobbit on you for blowing $300 on a new reel...Members like BLY may think differently though (hopefully for CCMT's well-being)

l love Center Pins all of them even if its just the way they look. But their are Center pins that are god's AngSpec, lslander Steelheader, Raven SST and the WJ all have Quality, Form, Function and simplisity. Their are a few more but this is my top 4 list.

l don't realy have the money for some of the stuff that l have but with sacrifice it means even more to me than if l just walked in and droped the doe. Some people give money to a church well the sky is my steepal and the water is my pulpit. Peace Ken

Ken,

Funny enough, I was just elling my wife about our debate and she thinks were all cracked. She said if I spent $300 on a rod and reel outfit she would kill me. Maybe I will buy her (me) one for X-Mas. LOL

LOL... its all fun and games till ya drop her rod in the water...... trust me.... ouch!!!!

I love those lines......

1)Honey, look what my friend gave to me today... He said he didn't use it anymore. Calcutta Bait Caster

2)Darling, my client gave this to me, he's a rep for Raven (refering to a 14ft IM7 Stelhead Rod, not to mention I have no association whatsoever with anyone who works for Raven)

3) And my St. Croix 6ft med actn that they had a huge clearout on for $15.99 at a bait shop in Pickering. Is there a bait shop in Pickering?

Nonetheless, after much discussion, my wife has concluded that I really bought the rod for myself and not her. So, thank you bass pro for such a wonderful sale.

I love those lines......

1)Honey, look what my friend gave to me today... He said he didn't use it anymore. Calcutta Bait Caster

2)Darling, my client gave this to me, he's a rep for Raven (refering to a 14ft IM7 Stelhead Rod, not to mention I have no association whatsoever with anyone who works for Raven)

3) And my St. Croix 6ft med actn that they had a huge clearout on for $15.99 at a bait shop in Pickering. Is there a bait shop in Pickering?

Nonetheless, after much discussion, my wife has concluded that I really bought the rod for myself and not her. So, thank you bass pro for such a wonderful sale.

You could also make a comparison to your wife by saying

"You spend so much $ on make-up when you're already so beautiful"

That has gotten me out of a ditch more than once :thumbsup_anim:

Back on the first page of this thread Sharper mentions the Ugly stiks are a good price at bass pro. Anybody know if they are on sale too? Or how much they are regular even? I need an all purpose rod for my backup baitcaster and was thinking of giving the ugly stik a go, I've heard alot of both good and bad about them so I figured I'd see for myself. Thanks.