WOW What a mess.NF

misfish

I watched this most of last evening on CNN. This story had an impact on me because I've been over that bridge dozens of times. I would have been crossing it this September as well. Incredible story.

Joey, the squeaky wheel gets the grease, right now the squeaky wheel is Iraq. A lot of the bridges here are older and in need of replacement or repair. There was a report here that like half the elevators in Cleveland haven`t been inspected in 10 years? Nothing seems to get done until a tragedy

I was on that bridge twice yesterday and last week at least a dozen times. The bridge was inspected within the last year and a half and given a clean bill of health. Either something was missed or the inspector did not do a good job. They were working on the bridge doing re-surfacing but were not doing anything structural.

This is very sad for a lot of families now waiting to hear word. 20 or so missing.

I was on that bridge twice yesterday and last week at least a dozen times.

Wow Skiel, that must just freak you right out!!! :o I think you'd better go buy a lotter ticket, you are very lucky right now.

Joey

I am not sure what the weather is like down there but when temperatures start to become excessively hot things start to soften up. I am not saying that is the reason, but I am sure the stell structure must have expanded with the warm weather that may have contributed to its collapse. Nonetheless, it is a terrible tradgedy and my thoughts and prayers go out to the people involved.