Unplanned Couple Of Days Off (nf)

motv8tr

Wayne, let us know what it is/was. Not knowing what year Mo's car is, there are a couple other things, that could come into play. Usually injector pumps on those don't go from one second to the next, they go bad slowly, fuel mileage going down, lower power, etc.

Yep...I hear yah...no different than the one on my Zetor tractor. The one that dies instantly is the John Deer 410 hoe as it has electric input (on/off) and I sure hope that her mechanics first the glow plugs and now the pump weren't just a loose fuse that was mentioned previously....as no matter what at this point they'll be stickin her with the bill. They are letting it sit all night to be sure it starts cold in the am and then she's gonna call me for a ride again.

Ya, hopefully nothing expensive. I know that after a couple hundred starts the fuse (looks like a piece of tin) would expand and shrink so many times, it would form a hairline crack, and finally on the colder days, no contact, but the relay would cycle like normal, lights and all go dim, but no power to the glowplugs.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, it's appreciated. As Wayne said the car has been worked on, and a fuel injector pump has already been replaced. My mechanic tested the old one, and I trust him. I've been taking my car to him for a few years now, and I've never been steered wrong. The car is a 93 Golf, so no new fangled electronics getting messed up. If I can help it I will not buy newer than that, if I do, it won't be a VW, I hear the newer ones are nothing but trouble.

Maureen

Well thanks to Irishfields taxi service, I managed to pick up my car today, thanks again Wayne. Turns out the fuel injector was leaking fuel as well so it's just as well it was replaced. Drove down to innisfil this afternoon to see my brother and his family, and it feels like the power in the car has improved. Hard to improve on the mileage, but I won't complain if it does :) . With any luck that will be it for a while, although in the new year I need to get a small oil leak fixed. While he was at the car, my mechanic checked the timing belt and thankfully all is well, but I'll likely get that changed in the spring.

Maureen

Mo, sorry to hear about all these friggin' situations that entered your life.

They always have the most inappropriate timing.

Right now Im watching our account dwindle which holds the closing and moving costs for a new home as Charmaine requires a new vehicle.

Its making me pull my hair out, she would have needed it eventually anyway but,

Timing Suxx.!!!!!!!!!

I just semi-retired this past November.

Everything will work out for all, it always does.

Good on ya Wayne for your assistance.......Exellent!

Chin up Mo.....one step at a time!

Edited by brickNblock