Does anyone work at Rona?

pikehunter

There is a new big box Rona opening in Waterdown this fall. :thumbsup_anim: I went through the entire interview process I think that there is a job offer in the making as I had to sign for a police report and let them copy my license info. I am wondering what they are like as an employer. Fairness, wages, advancements and if the staff are a pretty happy bunch? :blahblah1:

Thanks for your help. B)

Can't help directly but a friend on mine who is a retired high school teacher manages a Rona store and he always has a smile on his face. Mind you, they have some incredibly cute staff at his store......... :whistling:

Rona never lets me pick through the wood in their yard so I'm not a big fan personally :) .

Good luck with the new job though I'm sure they'll be fine to work for.

You pick what ya want SP.Yer the customer,if they dont let ya,then go to a local family owned. I like the family owned hardware store here.Yes, they even sponsor me,thats what happens when you support local,family owned and support them. Nothing like that friendly greeting smile when you walk through the door. :canadian:

Pikehunter GL and enjoy yer new job. Sorry for the side track.

NP Misfish,

I have never had a problem picking through lumber at any yard. Lucky I guess? I did order PT for a deck once from Beaver Lumber, anyone remember them?. I learned from that experience to not let them send me anything they feel like! From then on I hand picked from the pile.

I haven't been offered the job yet. they are probably waiting for a police check to come back and then contact my references and then make an offer.

If this is successful it will be a big change from a straight commission only job where I have to cover all of my expenses! Less pay per average week, but at least we'll have fewer weeks throughout the year when there is no paycheck at all. :blush:

This isn't the job I had really wanted but that is how it usually goes, I am kind of excited and I have a good feeling about it.

There was another job that I also interviewed for last week which matches my qualifications and recent training. So far not a word from that one, time will tell, my fingers are crossed. I do believe that Rona will be a good fit because of my background in the window, door and siding business.

Lowe's (from the U.S) is also coming to town with their first Canadian store which is only about a 5 or 6 minute drive from home! That would be handy and my gas costs would be a lot easier to handle!

Thanks for your help everyone :clapping::thumbsup_anim:

Hi PH,

Not sure what its like at the store level, but I had dealings with Rona a few years ago with both the IT departments and the Finance departments. Visited the head office in Boucherville as well, and they were very good to deal with in my estimations. They were organized very well, and were very easy to work with. I hope that helps....I know its not at the store level, but if corporate is any reflection....you will enjoy it.

I also had dealings with Lowe's head office with similar results, and have a very good friend who works at the head office in Mooresville NC. He loves it there.....left a great paying job in Boston, Ma to go with them and has not looked back since.

Best of luck in whatever it is you do at any rate!!!

Cheers,

Bill

i work in the industry. i am very familar with homehardware, rona, home depot and every other customer in the hardware industry.

you work for a corporation so if you are looking for a management position then you will run into some frustrations. There is a serious problem with communication from head office to the store level. if your just hanging your hat for a few years then you will love it at store level.

Rumors out there are saying the box store division will be sold off to lowes. (just rumors) but it makes sense. if so i understand they treat there employees like gold.

cheers!

Never had a problem with sorting through lumber at my local Rona store. As a matter of fact, I was there today and picked up a crapload of lumber and will be bringing a few boards back that dont meet my talents of a really ruff carpenter..lol

Im not expecting any trouble returning a couple warped boards in exchange for ones that are straight.

The Rona that I buy from is in a really small comunitty of St. Charles (north of Sturgen Falls) All these posts make me happy to be living in hicksville where customer satfaction is #1