Lake Ontario Salmon Report

Tony B and I headed out Saturday for the morning to fish Kings, and we were not dissapointed... although we didn't get a derby fish, we were close. I know it isn't worth weighing in anything less than 27-pounds minimum, and need over 30 to get a paycheck at this stage.

We fished out of Bronte and we were into fish right away. It slowed down a bit after the first hour of daylight, but we picked away at them until we left late in the morning.

Specific patterns were working for us from 70- to 120-feet of water. We marked tons of bait and hooks on the Humminbird in the morning, then we noticed the bait and fish dropped to the bottom by late morning, so we had to adjust our presentaion a bit to keep on them.

An 11" green flasher down 56-feet with a 5-foot lead to artificial and real cutbait was good, as was a second smaller 8" flasher with my own creation 10- to 20-feet deeper off the second rigger. Only one wire Dipsy rod was firing though, with a Mountain Dew Spin Doctor and No-See-Um Real Action fly. Purple SD's were cold for us on the other Dipsy rod, as were a variety of spoons surprizingly. Good numbers on the wire Dipsy were 110-feet in the early morning to 210-feet out on a 3 setting without the ring in the late morning.

I don't remember our count for the morning, but we got somewhere around 7 and lost a few. Biggest was close to 26-pounds with 3 other quality fish over 20 and a few under 20.

A fish from a couple of weeks ago east of TO

Salm1.jpg

Tony with a nice one

Salm2.jpg

Me with a solid fish

Salm3.jpg

Tony with another nice one

Salm4.jpg

Me with another good fish

Salm5.jpg

Good luck in the Salmon Derby!

Aaron

Great Pics there Aaron and I am sure Tony is making is death bed with the girls on his team(again no logo or tape measure), he really likes living dangerously.

Regards,

Sam

Edited by DT10Sam

Great report & pics guys !!!!!!! they are some real nice quality lake ontario kings for sure. :clapping::clapping: ..... wish i was right there with you guys as well,great day on the water,gotta love those cut-bait rigs,they have been producing big kings for me as well this year,keep them comming...thanks for sharing cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: