Week In Review - Ending Sunday July 22nd

ccmtcanada

Well, we've been back from our annual camping trip for a week now. We didn't get out as often as we usually do...the fishing from shore has been tough...with water temps rising from the mid 50s all the way up to the 80s. A lot of the nice fish have moved out into the cooler waters of Lake Ontario.

Anyhow, last Sunday (July 15th), we headed to a local spot, Bly began throwing her lucky Red Devil Spoon...and she managed the only fish of the night for us. The funny thing is, I throw the same lures she does in the same areas, and I've NEVER caught anything on that lure lately. She has the magic touch with it! This one came in at 20.5".

carole20halfinchtrout.jpg

During the week, we got out 2 times, but didn't manage any fish. Even after dark, we brought the carp rods out, and even though we knew they were there, we had NO takers!! Oh well...these things happen from time to time. Contrary to what some believe on here, we DO get skunked!!!

I've been posting about some tadpoles that we brought home from a local conservation area. The last post showed that they had grown some legs...but they all had their tails still. A few days after that post, we found the first frog perched up on a rock!! Over the next few days, more and more lost their tails. They were released on Monday. Here are some pics...

froghome.jpg

froghome2.jpg

True to her word, our little 5 year old daughter said we should start letting them go, so back to the conservation area they went! Here are some pics showing the release...

tadpoles1.jpg

frog1.jpg

frog2.jpg

frog3.jpg

She was a little sad to see them go, but she was a trooper through it all. We have only a few more left before they all head back home.

One reason we didn't go out fishing as much this week is that I promised my little one that we'd have a campout in our backyard. She was VERY excited and counted the days down until Friday night. We set the tent up, put the DVD Player and snacks inside the tent and began our advernture.

campout.jpg

We had lots of fun watching movies, munching on chips and candy and reading stories. She fell asleep, completely exhausted by 1030 pm...and slept right through until 8 on Saturday morning.

Saturday night came and Bly and I wanted to head out fishing again, but our usual shore spots are getting VERY crowded...and as I said before, the water temps were rising and the fishing was tough. We decided to hit our local trib to see what we could catch. We used small spoons and spinners from about 830pm until just after dark.

I caught a few small bass about this size on a spinner...

cliffbass.jpg

Then...we had our first ever double header!!! LOL. All these times fishing and we realized that this was our very first...not big fish by any stretch of the imagination, but they were fish. Here they are...the World's Greatest Sport Fish....complete with the lures we used....haha.

doubleheader.jpg

Bly continued using a spoon, and then she said she had another fish on...only it was a little bigger. We had no idea what we'd pull out of this trib, but hey...we cant be choosy...LOL. She pulled in this rather FAT 11.5" Rock Bass...a nice sized one that's for sure!

bigrockbass.jpg

This evening (Sunday), our little one wanted to go fishing again, so we packed car up and headed down to the lake shore. Bly was helping out the little one and I bottom fished for something....anything....all I caught all week was a few small bass and rock bass. Sure enough, as it always happens, my little one outfished me. Here she is with a few perch she ended up catching.

sydperc.jpg

sydperch2.jpg

Anyhow, that was our week...a very busy one, but a good one. Hopefully we'll get some cooler waters close to shore again soon...but the forecast is showing days over 30C with the humidity pretty much every day for the next few weeks. Fishing may be tough, but we'll head out a few times this week to see what's biting.

Very nice. Enjoy those wonderful times. Kids grow up so fast.

True, but if they are hooked on fishing in the early age then it stays with them all their lives. See your son ;-) (for people don't know, MJL is LB's son)

Cliff, haven't talked to you for a while since carp action slowed down. Thanks for the report and the pics are all very pretty and your reports are always pleasant to read.