This morning

wolfville

Set the alarm at 5:20 planning to do some "match fishing" (i.e. serious panfishing) in the locale pond. But managed to stay in bed until 6:40 LOL

Get the gears and baits etc in the car, got to the pond started fishing at 7:30. By 8:30, I already had 5 fish (4 nice size suckers and 1 bluegill) landed and 1 small carp that got away. Then something happened.... I realized that I forgot my wallet at home and my fishing license is in there. Damn...what should I do? After exactly 2 seconds of thinking I packed up and came home.... wanted to do it right and not getting into any trouble. I mean, getting a fine is one thing because I know I have a license, but I don't want my sons and friends to know that I get fined fishing while I have tried so hard to promote fishing to them... ethical and healthy fishing.

Anyway, got home and my wife wanted to do some garage/yard hoping so I said sure, go ahead, I'll be home with the kids (still sleeping). That's why I am posting this now. Want her to be happy too.

How is your morning going so far? I bet a lot of our fellow OFNers are on/by some water now, wish everyone luck. It's beautiful out there today. And for those who can't make it out this morning, there's always tomorrow :thumbsup_anim:

Will be back to my local pond once my wife is back, and I will bring my camera to take some pics to post to this thread later on.

Yup, I would have done the same thing, just not worth the hassle.

As for my day, I took the day off today and am going into the city for our annual family summer get together...should be about 60 of us there.

Maureen

Was up at 6.00am out the door by 6.20am, To go yard saleing. :D ..lol....What can i say i'm a yard sale junkie.....lol...I just love it....Got msyelf another nice new rod though... :thumbsup_anim: ..Which i basically needed like a hole in the head.. :unsure: ...lol....Could not help myself though i liked it so i brought it.

Picked up a few other little things for the garden arrived home around 9.00am. Now have the joyous pleasure of doing some laundry.

I am also making some more home made jams from all the fruit i have growing out back. Around 12.00pm i will be heading out to fish for the rest of the day. :Gonefishing::D

Have a great weekend everyone. ;)

Nauti.

Edited by nautifish

EXACTLY what I woulda done!! Regardless of WHERE I had driven to, it's well worth NOT getting dinged for at least $175.00, and risking getting gear lifted. The minute I discovered I had no license with me, I'd VERY quickly leave my spot, and as inobtrusively as possible!! Even though the C. O. who is around the east tribs is well known to many of us 'regulars,' and once you've been checked . . . . usually early in the year, he doesn't ASK to see your license again if he knows you, if some day another C. O. shows, you're in DEEP DOO-DOO!!

you did the right thing. one year while fishing in north eastern ontario a buddy that was with me had put his liscence in his tackle box while on our way back from a remote lake, however he didnt latch the lid and it bounced open and blew out. in 15 years of fishing there we have never seen a c,o, but we didnt want that chance so the next morning we had to head to kirkland lake to the nearest office to get a duplicate, which was cheaper, but screwed up a half days fishing. always better to be safe than sorry.

jason

Well, we went on our first week of vacation up to Lakair and once we arrived I realized I had forgotten my fishing license in my little carry on bag that I usually take in the boat fishing. Since it was a 3 1/2 hour drive there was no way I was driving home. So I bought another one :( just to be safe. Never did get stopped by the CO's all week, but its better to be safe than sorry.

You did the right thing.

Joey

i have photocopies of my fishing license, drivers license and boater card in my tackle box just in case i forget the real ones. I emailed the mnr and they told me this was ok if i did forget my cards. however he did tell me that i may have to present the real ones at a later date if the co was suspicious of the photocopies.

Cheers!

My first fishing license ever came in the mail this week. It is so pretty. Very exciting. Made me feel like a little kid. Thought about chancing going fishing without one though, while i was out of town without it. Sounds like it isn't worth the risk. Another valuable piece of information for me. Thanks for sharing.

Well, we went on our first week of vacation up to Lakair and once we arrived I realized I had forgotten my fishing license in my little carry on bag that I usually take in the boat fishing. Since it was a 3 1/2 hour drive there was no way I was driving home. So I bought another one :( just to be safe. Never did get stopped by the CO's all week, but its better to be safe than sorry.

You did the right thing.

Joey

Both Chris (Muskiestudd) and I had both our licenses and fish checked on Nip that week! He was a nice guy and friendly, was good to see him out and made me feel like I hadn't purchased my license in vain.

i have photocopies of my fishing license, drivers license and boater card in my tackle box just in case i forget the real ones. I emailed the mnr and they told me this was ok if i did forget my cards. however he did tell me that i may have to present the real ones at a later date if the co was suspicious of the photocopies.

Cheers!

I think I'll do the same, good idea LBH. Thanks.

Joey