Tree Fall On House Not So Bad

Mike the Pike

No where near 98. I had $7300.00 damage in 98.My 27 foot pool was crushed we were nine days without power. Child number 3 came from the Ice storm.I am currently molding my future fishing partner my 8 year old son .No generator but the wood stove did wonders.Even boiled water so we could have a bath.

Just heard on the news 250 000 customers without power.Mostly on the Island of Montreal.

Here's a few pics from this morning. :o This is our tenants car.

IMG_2172.JPG

This is in front of the (now closed) Nestle' factory.

IMG_2187.JPG

IMG_2188.JPG

These branches came off a huge pine tree in our back yard

IMG_2190.JPG

IMG_2192.JPG

The sound of chainsaws could be heard in the distance this morning...had flashbacks of the ice storm in '98. Several communities north and west of us are still without power this morning. :(

Yup we were with out power last night too and this morning. Heard chain saws going most of the night clearing the tree.

I was in Europe when that big freezing storm hit here in 98 but it was all over the news their.

Glad to hear no one was hurt with the tree fall.

Power in the West Island (Kirkland) was out from yesterday afternoon (3:30pm) until this morning around 11:30am. no real problem for us since we installed a sealed insert in the fireplace right after '98. Kept the whole house at a balmy 24C all night and day. Was wearing shorts and a Tee shirt :blink:

Yesterday morning I had 3 poplars on the from lawn. This morning I had only one as two of them were torn out by the roots due to the ice and the wind. Fewer leafs to rake up next fall but more grass to mow this summer, darn. Spent a hour with the chain saw this morning making firewood.

Believe it or not that tree is standing up again perfectly staight.But I will be chopping it to half the size .Snowing heavily right now.My situation was not as bad as others.Those pics of the tree on the car looks really bad. :angel: with all this global warming we are sure to see alot more freezing rain this winter.