A LITTLE SHORE FISHING WITH MY KIDS

Today we drove down to Lancaster Ontario on Lake ST.Francis (The St.Lawrence River) where my Dad has Camped for the last 40 years.We were there to celebrate his 69th Birthday.

I brought the tackle and Rods just in case After a quick swim at the beach my little guy Ryan reminded me that it was time to go fishing off the point and off the docks.Now I knew that this was not going to be relaxing for me.

I knew it would not be long and I would be putting on worms and taking off fish for the girls.As for young Ryan he does that himself since our last trip in Quinte.Now my rod was on the ground oh about 99% of the 75 minutes that we fished for.

129324.JPG

Here we go I am about to be very busy oh and there were tangles and complaints that the rod is no good and the line is no good and the moaning and the wining and Voila the fish start coming in and all that NOISE went away :whistling:

129323.JPG

Many fish like these were caught but I did not have much time to take pictures the action was non stop.

Oh and this fish required an Operation deeply hooked.

2 other little girls showed up at the dock and now I was taking more fish off the line and more surgery.

Oh well nothing like watching the young ones get into fishing.

Now My Ryan wanted a lure not worms for him.He was throwing tubes,Mepps,spinner baits and Jigs with Mr.Twisters but he was not catching a thing.

His sisters kept reminding him.

So back to the tackle box he went.

129322.JPG

Now Dad what do I use??????????

129325.JPG

Well out of the Dozen casts I was able to throw I only managed this little Large Mouth.

129327.JPG129328.JPG

129329.JPG

129330.JPG

129326.JPG

Well all Ryan had to say was look at this fish sisters :P

6pm came quickly and My little guy was upset that we had to go eat supper at Grampa's

Fishing was pretty good for the little time that we had to fish.

Mike the Pike

Edited by Mike the Pike

Mike...in my family, fishing with the kids automatically mean no fishing for me...haha. I know how you feel! As long as they are catching fish...no matter what size, it keeps them busy and happy. Good job out there....there may have been whining and bickering, but at least the fists didn't start flying...LOL.

Great report and pics Mike...always enjoy your reports!

Nice job Mike, pretty soon Ryan will be guiding you around the lake and it will be your time to put your feet up and relax. All you have to do is pay for the gas then :o

Nice rainbow shots too.

Ryan has the same expression as I do looking at the tackle box trying to figure out what to use when nothing is biting.

Thanks for the report.