Boat launch at G Pool?

Hey guys,

I've fished the Sound side lots of times and know where to launch (Usually V Harbour) but have yet to fish G Pool.. where can I launch? Any free launches (my guess is no)?

Thanks!

Thank you!  Assuming only the one launch there? What's the charge?

I might fish Maclean too while I'm there. Heard pike and panfish are decent. 

2 hours ago, misfish said:

Oh come on now. Some crappie and loads of snot rockets. LOL

Was thinking that too! Shallower so maybe a spring fishery at the very least. 

I'll echo Bills comments. Better luck in the pool versus Maclean. I have a place on this system but generally trailer over to gbay instead.

Edited by Dan668

2 hours ago, siwash said:

Is little Lake worth a sniff? 

where's Little Chute in this system ?

For spring pike?  No.  GPool is where you'll want to target.  Little Chute comes out of Six Mile and dumps into GPool.  East end of the lake by Big Chute. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What about upstream of Big Chute?  I see a boat launch there that seems to put you into different waters.  Can you nauvitgate without using locks to go downstream or upstream from this launch?  I also see Tea Lake that looks like you can enter from under a bridge. Looks like such an interesting area to cruise around in and cast some lures and see what happens! I imagine that the boat traffic is heavy especially weekends and summer... 

Screenshot 2024-05-11 at 6.33.10 AM.png

So is the arrow Little Chute and the circle Big Chute? I see that there isn't a lock here but rather trolly-type ramp that carries boats down a steep embankment?  

Screenshot 2024-05-11 at 6.45.42 AM.png

Big Chute ramp has been permanently closed.  If you want to fish that water, launch at the marina upstream.   You aren't getting into Tea Lake unless you've got a high water year as well from under that bridge.  There is however a free launch at Tea (right near the bridge) but the ramp is pretty steep.  Park across the street in the parking lot.  

Also, all you'll be catching in those back bays this time of year are OOS bass.  Spot you'll want to avoid.  

Edited by BillM
  • Thanks 1

The Severn doesn't have a huge population of pike, if you're back there all you'll be catching are bass.   I find the back bays off the main Severn river are better for crappie than the one way back in the slop.    This time of year crappie are all dictated by water temp.  Find the right temp, find the fish.  

• Thanks 1