Home made musky tackle box.

Hi all, 

gotta love YouTube, found a video that showed how to make a homemade musky tackle box and save myself $300! 

IMG_1219.jpeg.f96d845025a5265324c2aa3e67b545b9.jpegIMG_1220.jpeg.88171ec4420c30de5dc278b27b16ec85.jpegIMG_1221.jpeg.462a92077a7173f0e4a1e09a9df84601.jpeg

Basically 2 10’ lengths of pvc downspout from Rona, an Ozark 48 can cooler from Walmart and 15 minutes on the mitre saw.

The product it produces comes in at Around C$115 and easily replaces the item below which comes in at anywhere between $390 and $450.

image.png.3ac98f3633fa676fc66e66ad42a97aa4.png

here is the video link for anyone interested .

IMG_1218.jpeg

IMG_1215.png

Edited by limeyangler
  • Like 3

That's actually pretty old school Simon and the idea has been around forever but your right, it'll save you a bunch of cash. They work OK but the hooks on long lures have a tendency to catch under the inserts which can be a hassle.

Enjoy your new box.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, lew said:

That's actually pretty old school Simon and the idea has been around forever but your right, it'll save you a bunch of cash. They work OK but the hooks on long lures have a tendency to catch under the inserts which can be a hassle.

Enjoy your new box.

Yeah, the video is not new, and i'm sure seasoned musky guys like yourself have seen it all before, but I broke my last Thorn Bros double sided box which was gifted to me by some guys I guided and was in desperate need of immediate tackle storage, I guess because its 'musky tackle' I shouldn't have been surprised at the cost, but HOLYFREEKINGUACAMOLE BATMAN....$400??!!?? LOL...I'm good with hooks catching here and there, beats what I had before too.

Edited by limeyangler

I have a Lakewood box (fool and his money), but there aren't a lot of choices in pre-made Musky boxes. I've seen the downspout solution before, my only suggestion is to cut some slots in each "tube" with a jigsaw, so the hooks don't tangle. With my (foolish again) thought that the more baits I have, the better my chances are at hooking a Muskie, I now have two baits in some of the individual tubes...at least the slots keep them apart to some extent.