Thank you OFC!

Almost 12 years since I last logged into OFC. I saw a post of Facebook with some yellow jackets and grey hats and figured I would check out what’s going on in here! See lots of familiar faces, so much has changed since I was 13 years old discovering OFC with my dad, over the last 18 years one thing that hasn’t changed is my desire to chase Muskies. In 2017 I bought what at the time was my dream boat, after a boat accident and a couple boat upgrades later I am now fishing in a boat I could have never dreamed possible.  During Covid I was unable to book at Lakair lodge or Memquisit lodge on the west arm of Lake Nippissing, one place on the upper French river was allowing guests so I took advantage, after quickly falling in love with the area I decided I wanted to dedicate my time to only fishing The French / Lake Nippissing.  Last season I decided to start guiding, a life long dream that always seemed like a dream was now reality, being paid to bring people out to catch fish??? SIGN ME UP. The guiding aspect was very different, I went from bringing buddies on the boat trying to get them a fish to now needing to get people on fish, the fish cooperated quite well.  I just wanted to thank all the OG members of the community who made things so much fun when I was younger, we would have never went to Lakair Lodge/Lake Nippissing without OFC.  Here are a couple fish from my season last year: IMG_3008.png.bdefae4778c6ad73ac51eadae64b91bd.png

His first musky  

IMG_3009.png.c0cef7abc02fea81ba4a62aed8628a91.png

My GF with a 51”IMG_3010.png.bb75cd07e4afeb723fdf7628d0128fbc.png

51 x 26 September whale 

IMG_3012.png.25213b0884fdb733177ea3987db3a9dc.png

51” fall fatty

IMG_3011.png.297397b16fc39e52b9bc1d8ac19c437c.pngIMG_3013.png.f2f80dfd730b76a203b3bd1fe24d0728.png

IMG_2519.jpeg.2e7c456b4cf57687c56f0befbcf9afd4.jpeg

55” 43.6lb last spot of the season, MAGIC. 

• Like 7

Atta boy Corey, you've come a loooong way my friend !! I remember back in the days when you were happy to catch these little guys LOLCnv2118.webp.b08819b552d1f892617900285c44d30e.webp

Edited by lew
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, lew said:

Atta boy Corey, you've come a loooong way my friend !! I remember back in the days when you were happy to catch these little guys LOLCnv2118.webp.b08819b552d1f892617900285c44d30e.webp

Lew! That boat right there was a big part of fishing life, lots of memories were made in that boat. That’s awesome that you found this picture! It’s funny, if this is the spot I think it is I lost the biggest fish I’ve ever hooked into here a couple years ago. 

2 hours ago, Whopper said:

Oh my, another blast from the past. Well done Corey.

Thanks for sharing

PHIL! I hope PJ and the family are well. I’ve been to the Ohio musky show the last few seasons and always think back to when we went, if you’re still in the area I’d love to get together for a coffee next year! 

23 hours ago, TJQ said:

Awesome pics! And I'm glad your here. 

TJ! If you ever want to get out for a day or evening of Musky hunting let me know, I’m out of Dokis, not far from you! 

2 hours ago, mistyjr1 said:

Lew! That boat right there was a big part of fishing life, lots of memories were made in that boat. That’s awesome that you found this picture! It’s funny, if this is the spot I think it is I lost the biggest fish I’ve ever hooked into here a couple years ago. 

It's been a great boat for sure Corey, infact your Dad got his 1st ever 50"er when he was fishing with me over in Aikenheads. I had the boat for 10 years and your Dad's had it now for 15 years and not a serious issue with boat or motor.

The pike your holding came along the north shore near Keiths Bay.

Edited by lew