Family Fly-In Recommendation

Not a fly-in, a drive to location, but close to GTA , about a 4 hr drive.

Lake Kipawa Quebec , 1 hr from North Bay, Ont

100 fish days can be had , probably more like 50 fish days usually.

Walleye , Smallmouth Bass, Northern Pike, Lake Trout , lots of all species.

Half a dozen Oufitters camps, Charters, Houseboat rentals.

Large reservoir system of adjoining lakes, 2000 kms of shorelines.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Reelpro said:

Not a fly-in, a drive to location, but close to GTA , about a 4 hr drive.

Lake Kipawa Quebec , 1 hr from North Bay, Ont

100 fish days can be had , probably more like 50 fish days usually.

Walleye , Smallmouth Bass, Northern Pike, Lake Trout , lots of all species.

Half a dozen Oufitters camps, Charters, Houseboat rentals.

Large reservoir system of adjoining lakes, 2000 kms of shorelines.

I agree with Kipawa, there's a very special magic about that lake. I've been there a good 20 times and if I could I'd go back every year. Not near as many lodges anymore though, Alwaki for example is still open but is now severed and different lots are for sale. That's a 14 mile boat ride from the government dock in Kipawa and another 8 miles or so gets you to Hunters lake and Kipawa Lodge, it's always been considered the best of them all. Or else you can go in from the top end at Laniel and access more lodges.

• Like 1

Hi, would not go with air cochrane great fishing but most cabins are very rustic and small and usually some type of motor issue during the trip. I took my 2 boys and nephew to Quebec, great trip great cabin, shower couch etc, but the road was really rough for 4 hours.    Would look at air dale, white river outfitter or the many out of Nakina. Boreal forest includes satellite texting for a safety piece of mind. I would pick a smaller body of water in case the winds blow up. Twin lakes outfitter, luenbergers, 7 lakes outfitter, seem to have some nice cabins for the bush, been with Hearst air, really nice cabins too. Hornepayne also have some Flyin lodges and outpost, garrisons, buck lake, Timberwolf. Just what I looked for, a cabin with some amenities that sleep more people then your bringing, satellite phone for safety, smaller lake or chain of lakes. Generator would be nice maybe bring a fan and a few plug in items. It is truly one of my best memories taking those kids one 14 and two 17 at the time. Hope you find a place 

• 2 weeks later...

Great choice been to mcliester and sunshine great cabins equip etc. saw the coolest thing I have ever seen at sunshine, 20 feet off our dock a wolf chasing a moose in the water, to boot saw a cougar that trip, it was sweet