Got the oldman out for a little troll.

BillM

Not many days like this left this year so I decided to get the oldman out for a little troll.   Timing the cisco spawn is real tough lol!   Was out a few weeks ago and water was 50, today you can see it's 44 (a bit cooler out in the big water)   No muskie today but the oldman got into a real nice gator.    Fantastic few hours out on the water.

1BeKRnll.jpg

TZM4v4ml.jpg

OszFEVQl.jpg

cFX5Swgl.jpg

WnjbvJSl.jpg

QyX5orXl.jpg

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Rizzo said:

Whatever those are...there are a lot of em down there. Great pictures and a nice pike. Looks like a fantastic day on the water

Whitefish, ciscos, shad, probably a few random lakers tossed in the mix..   Lots and lots of bait.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

if lakers weren't so gross I might have been tempted to drop a line down there (at least I find the burping pooping slimy Lake O lakers kinda gross)😁

Lake Trout are closed right now in that zone. 

I always find it funny how Lakers are a split personality fish...catch a 20 pounder in Lake O and it's a greasy boot, catch a 20 pounder in the north country (or just Simcoe) and it's a hero fish...and folks will spend mucho $$$ to go chase them in remote places like Great Bear Lake..

Edited by CrowMan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CrowMan said:

Lake Trout are closed right now in that zone. 

I always find it funny how Lakers are a split personality fish...catch a 20 pounder in Lake O and it's a greasy boot, catch a 20 pounder in the north country (or just Simcoe) and it's a hero fish...and folks will spend mucho $$$ to go chase them in remote places like Great Bear Lake..

Yup, definitely no laker fishing after Sept 30th up here :)    We got that pike 14 down over probably 40ft but off a really steep shoreline on a 13in grandma.   That bait has always been dynamite for me. 

• Like 1